A hidden gem, one of Ottawa’s coolest companies, right here in your own backyard… And YOU have the opportunity to work here! Delivering world class water rides to new and expanding water parks around the world, ProSlide has been leading the industry for over 30 years with relentless innovation. Our passion for delivering the best products and commitment to our customers is mirrored throughout the company and has created a truly unique and collaborative culture. An environment created for success!
ProSlide Technology creates the most innovative water rides for the best waterparks in the world. Almost 70 percent of the waterparks in North America own our rides, including Disney, Six Flags, Great Wolf Resorts and many more. We’ve won more awards than all other water ride manufacturers combined, 100 in 30+ years.
This is a RARE opportunity to join a finance team that is truly forward-facing and at the heart of the organization. Are you looking to join a well-respected team, while gaining amazing experience all under the support of a committed coach & mentor? We have the role for you!
Reporting to the Director of Finance and mentored by the Project Accounting Lead, the Project Accountant is responsible for all elements project reporting, financial management, full-cycle accounts receivables and support of project managers for assigned projects. Duties include working with project managers to maintain project forecasts, managing project financial data, variance analysis, creating AR invoices and following up on collections, and forecasting cash flows.
This is an on-site position at our head office in Ottawa, ON.
- Working hand in hand with assigned project managers to ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness of project financial data.
- Input project budgets prepared by the cost estimating team.
- Meet and communicate with project managers on a regular basis to review purchase orders and actual spend to date in order to maintain accurate project forecasts and track project margin throughout the project life cycle.
- Review of project financials for incorrect cost allocations and verifying cost accuracy of all projects.
- Identifying accruals and making forecast changes as necessary at month-end in order to recognize monthly project revenue using the percent complete revenue recognition method.
- Monitor project budget vs. actual performance and ensure all variances identified are captured and reported to the Project Accounting Lead.
- Present project financial performance to key stakeholders during monthly project update presentation.
- Attend regular project related meetings and become a key source of information on assigned projects.
- Provide oversight and maintain overall responsibility for full-cycle Accounts Receivable
- Tracking billing milestones and issuing invoices for projects based on discussions with project managers.
- Receivables management including actively following up on outstanding receivables and flowing information into rolling cash flow forecasts.
- Assist with monthly calculations, filing and remittance of US Sales & Use taxes.
- Supporting Senior Project Accountant and Project Accounting Lead with project treasury tasks such as applications for Letters of Credit, Guarantees, Bonds, etc.
- Completing all month-end deliverables within the established timelines and contributing towards a timely month-end close.
- Other special projects or ad hoc analyses as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Minimum college education in Finance, Accounting, or Business Studies (University Degree preferred).
- Accounting designation in progress would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years of related accounting experience (Project Accounting experience an asset)
- Strong knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
- Strong analytical and MS Excel skills (essential)
- Experience with Sage300 or equivalent accounting system (an asset)
- Self-motivated, hardworking, smart and energetic team player.
- Excellent communication skills and works well with others around the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to digest and action information from various sources.
- Ability to prioritize work based on required needs in order to meet deadlines.
- Detail orientated and strong analytical skills, capable of solving problems and using sound judgement.
- Proactive and takes initiative to bring projects to completion.
- Competitive salary
- Benefits from start date
- Bonus potential
- Free parking
- RPP match after one year of service
- Wellness spending allowance