$24.42 - $25.53 / hour Reference#:
21-Unit Aide JANUARY
The Unit Aide assists and supports patients/clients in meeting their behavioural, emotional, spiritual and
physical needs. As a member of the Interprofessional team, the Unit Aide assists the interprofessional health
care members of the team in providing a safe and well-maintained environment for patients/clients, staff and
- The Unit Aide provides assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) including: bathing, toileting,
showering, feeding, hair care, mouth care, dressing and undressing, when designated and supervised by a
regulated health care professional.
- Supports effective operations of the unit: Obtains and distributes supplies such as linens to patient/client
rooms. Tidies client care and common areas.
- Assists with proper positioning of patients/clients. Uses proper body mechanics and proper transfer
techniques as indicated on the Bedside Assessment.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of a Personal Support Worker Diploma/Certificate Program from an accredited
educational institution. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Registration with the Registry of Personal Support Workers, preferred.
- One year experience in a hospital/healthcare setting in a patient/client care support position, preferred.
- Experience working with geriatric, palliative and rehabilitation population, preferred.
- UFIRST / PIECES / GPA Training, preferred.
- Knowledge of body mechanics and safe lift and transfer policies and practices.
- Bilingual in French and English language, preferred.
Located in Kingston, Providence Care is Southeastern Ontario’s leading provider of aging, mental health and
rehabilitative care. Continuing the legacy of our Founders, the Sisters of Providence of St. Vincent de Paul,
Providence Care provides care and services at Providence Care Hospital, Providence Manor Long-Term Care
home and community locations across Southeastern Ontario.
Providence Care is Fully-affiliated with Queen’s University and St. Lawrence College; Providence Care is a centre
for health care, education and research, and a member of the Council of Academic Hospitals of Ontario.
To apply for this position please email your Covering Letter and Resume quoting reference number in subject
line to email@example.com
We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices – Please notify the above if you require an
accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process or require recruitment documents in French.