- To install and repair mechanical equipment and systems
- Observes all safety rules and maintains an orderly workplace.
- Works from blueprints, machine/ piping diagrams, shop orders, instructions and ideas.
- Plans with supervision proposed mechanical work during planned shut downs. Maintains inventory of mechanical supplies and equipment and requisitions same, as necessary.
- Installs, dismantles, examines, repairs, reconditions, rebuilds/overhauls and re-installs mechanical systems and equipment such as motors, gear boxes, drives, chains, pulleys, hydraulic components, air systems , filtration, aids and / or performs predictive maintenance. Gathers information for replacement parts.
- Performs a testing routine on scheduled basis.
- Examines and repairs all equipment when required for continuous plant operation.
- Makes minor adjustments to and lubricates tools and equipment used.
- Reports any abnormal conditions of materials, products or equipment to supervisor.
- Performs preventative maintenances on required equipment and scheduled work as required.
- Performs 5s related tasks.
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance work on all machinery.
- Identify and troubleshoot machine irregularities and breakdowns.
Job Type / Category
- Full time opportunity
- 12 hour continental shifts rotating (2 weeks days, 2 weeks nights)
- Manufacturing facility - Energy Sector
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Previous manufacturing experience considered an asset
- 433 A Licence required
- 5 + years working as a licenced millwright required
Cogent Power Inc. is a world leader in the design and manufacture of transformer cores and components including distributed gap cores, toroidal cores and flat-stacked sheets and products.
Job Type: Full-time
- Millwright: 5 years (Preferred)
- Millwright (Preferred)