CIBC Mellon is a leading provider of asset servicing solutions to institutional investors in Canada, including multi-currency accounting, fund valuation, and investment information reporting. We are passionate about providing exceptional client service backed by our culture of innovation and success. Our outstanding employee experience will provide you with opportunities to learn and grow professionally while supporting the communities in which you live and work.
We are a diverse and dynamic workplace where employees take an active role in delivering on strategic objectives while advancing their individual career goals. We encourage innovative thinking and give our employees the support and resources they need to turn great ideas into actions.
We’re always looking for talented people who can make a meaningful difference for our clients, our company and our communities. To learn more about why our employees love coming to work each day, visit www.cibcmellon.com/experience.
The Tax Analyst, Financial Reporting & Tax, will be responsible for the tax work required for clients and work closely with internal partners, external tax advisors and auditors.
- Review distribution calculation and allocation factors for non complex client Funds;
- Calculate distribution related items such as Suspended Capital Loss and Stop Loss, etc.;
- Preparation of income tax returns and relevant tax information forms for assigned funds in a timely and accurate manner;
- Preparation of HST returns for assigned funds in a timely and accurate manner;
- Research and gather information for corporate actions and analyze in detail, the accounting and tax impact of corporate actions affecting Funds, and prepare the recommended tax treatment
- Assist in research to help respond to tax correspondence for assigned clients; and
- Develop and maintain working relationships with internal partners, clients and auditors.
CIBC Mellon's Values:
Get it Right Every Day:
- University degree in Business/Accounting and working towards a professional accounting designation;
- Tax and Fund Accounting experience in the investment fund industry is preferred;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under tight timelines;
- High degree of commitment to quality work and accuracy
- Strong PC skills MS Office, Tax prep
Deliver service excellence while always acting with the highest ethical standards
Put Clients at the Centre:
Advocate for clients by listening, sharing knowledge, and bringing the right solutions forward
Be One Family:
Challenge, empower and recognize your colleagues
Speak up, speak out, and make things better