Pacific CPA is a mid-sized public practice accounting firm with a long history in Nanaimo offering tax, accounting, bookkeeping, and advisory services to a wide variety of clients across multiple industries.
We are seeking a designated CPA to join our firm in the role of Accountant.
· Preparation and review of personal income tax returns, corporation income tax returns, and Estate & Trust returns.
· Preparation and review of financial statements (compilation engagements only).
· Tax and estate planning.
· Full cycle accounting, data entry, and account reconciliations.
· GST, PST, and WorkSafeBC return reconciliation and preparation.
· T4 & T5 reconciliation and preparation.
· Mentorship and development of junior staff to complete compilation and tax engagements.
· Client interaction.
· Other tax and accounting projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience
· CPA designation (including those newly designated).
· Minimum of 3 years’ public practice experience.
· Experience with CaseWare, Jazzit, TaxPrep, QuickBooks, Sage, and CCH iFirm an asset.
· Strong computer skills and comfortability with paperless filing systems are required.
· Excellent organizational skills, and written and oral communication skills.
Our firm’s management team recognizes the importance of work/life balance and for that reason, provide flexibility in exchange for reliability, loyalty, and effort from the employees. We believe that everyone should enjoy coming to work and we have fostered an environment where this is possible. What we offer:
· Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience
· Health & dental plan including life insurance (after probation period)
· Paid sick days
· Fridays off during July & August
· Overtime pay
· Vacation pay
This is a full-time position, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. During our busy season (March & April), additional hours may be required. During July and August, regular hours will be 30.0 per week, Monday to Thursday.
Although this position is available immediately, we will be conducting interviews until we find someone who is a perfect fit for our close-knit team. We thank everyone for their applications and interest in working for Pacific CPA.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to [email protected].
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $70,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation (required)
Work Location: In person