Interior Health are seeking dynamic Medical Laboratory Assistants for Multi-site Lab
positions in the sunny South Okanagan, B.C.! This is a Permanent full-time
position and days of work are rotating and shift times include day, evening and night shifts.
What we offer:
What will you work on:
- An attractive remuneration package
- Excellent career prospects
- Employer paid training/education
- Employer paid vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days)
- Medical Service Plan
- Employer paid insurance premiums
- Extended Health & Dental coverage
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Work-life balance
The Laboratory Assistant performs a variety of duties within the Laboratory such as taking blood samples from patients, preparing blood and other specimens for analysis, performing routine lab tests, distributing specimens to Laboratory departments and outside Laboratories, operating related equipment, entering data into the Laboratory Information System (LIS) and performing related clerical duties. Performs ECG testing as required.
About this location:
The successful applicant will be primarily located at the Penticton Regional Hospital and will be required to work shifts and cover collections at the nearby Summerland Health Centre. An unrestricted class 5 drivers license is a requirement of this position
Community Profile: We live where people come to vacation! With one of the best year-round climates in Canada, Penticton is easy to enjoy with two beautiful lakes, beaches, acres of parks, and wilderness trails on the local mountains. Penticton's population is approximately 33,000 and offers small town charm conveniently located for world class wineries, award-winning restaurants, craft brew pubs, local foods markets, festivals, concerts and ski areas.
- Grade 12
- Successful completion of a recognized Laboratory Assistant training program
- One year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Ability to type 25 WPM *please upload a copy of an invigilated typing test dated within the last 48mths. Please note we do not accept self-administered online tests*