Architecture for kids - Teacher
ARCHITECTURE HEAD TEACHER
We are looking for a new teacher to join our team for the long run!
- Teaching architecture workshops in Vancouver, in BC, and online.
- Must be fluent French and English.
- Must have a background in architecture or design.
- Must have a reliable transportation mode with room to carry supplies around.
TYPE OF WORK:
- Part time contract work to start, possible employment after.
- Some travel possible in B.C.
- Available to start in March or April for part-time hours.
- Possible full time during summer camps.
- Bilingual English and French
- Architecture or Design background
- Teaching background an asset
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm
- 1 year or more of experience working with children.
- Strong capabilities in crafts, drawing, and model making.
- Self motivated, passionate, approachable.
- Outgoing, friendly, upbeat and fun!
- Criminal record check and Red Cross Certification will be required.
- Must have reliable transportation (car preferred).
- Experience preparing lesson plans.
- Must be able to teach online from home.
- Different locations in and around Vancouver and B.C, must also be able to work from home and do some trips (minimum).
You have a background in architecture or design, your love working with kids. You are outgoing, you love arts and crafts and making models. You have some educational skills and can maintain a working environment in a classroom. You show up on time and have a great positive attitude. You know how to adapt to the unexpected challenges that may come up in a classroom.
- If this sounds like you and you think you would be a good fit, please apply by sending a resume and cover letter .Only applicants with relevant experience will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Freelance
Salary: $16.00-$40.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
All teachers must have updated Covid vaccinations and may be required to wear a mask depending on the Provincial health guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- Certification RCR (preferred)