PATRIA is currently hiring a SOUS CHEF to join our Culinary team!
PATRIA is an authentic Spanish tapas eatery on King Street West. Listed as one of the Top 10 Best Restaurants by Toronto Life, our carefully crafted extensive menu features dishes such as delicately prepared crispy jamon croquettes and traditional paellas. Seafood is a staple of Spanish cuisine, and PATRIA showcases an ever-changing selection of only the freshest fish, octopus and shrimp, sourced daily. PATRIA is part of the ICONINK portfolio, a full-service international hospitality and lifestyle brand, which takes inspiration from global cuisine and culture.
The SOUS CHEF will play a key role in supporting the restaurant vision for high quality food and ensuring that it is delivered, with a hands-on approach where required, in a professional, safe and efficient manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food production area
- Conduct and order inventories as required on food and beverage supplies
- Inspect deliveries, ensuring quality is to satisfaction
- Responsible for understanding the business operations inside the restaurant
- Motivate and coach kitchen staff
- Carry out on-going training to the high standards set by the Chef De Cuisine
- Understand and abide by the Health & Safety standards
- Follow all safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures; accountable for the cleanliness and maintenance of all equipment and stations
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in similar role
- Excellent attention to detail with a creative flair
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, mornings and nights
- Must be energetic with a passion for food and a positive attitude
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism (i.e. punctuality, commitment to the job, well-groomed, mannerly, great team work etc.)
- Long periods of standing and walking is required
- Repetitive use of hands, dexterity, bending down
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Competitive wages
- Medical/dental group benefits
- Discounts at all ICONINK restaurants
- Corporate Goodlife Fitness rates
- Awesome perks
- A fun team and culture
- Training, development and education reimbursement
- Professional growth opportunities
ICONINK recognizes its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and, upon request, will provide accommodation in the recruitment processes to the point of undue hardship.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Staff COVID-19 screening questionnaire is in place; mandatory masks for guests; take-out is available.
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada and have a valid SIN?
- Are you located in Toronto, On?