Location: Elkford, BC, CA
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Gasfitter is responsible for the installation, testing, maintenance, and repair of propane and natural gas lines. The Gasfitter is also responsible for the installation or alteration of gas systems and assisting the pipefitters to perform multiple piping repairs and installs.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Install, maintain, and repair water and waste disposal systems
- Install and maintain process piping and all HVAC units
- Diagnose all system problems
- Disassemble and reassemble system components as required
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Gasfitter Certification (Class A)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Working knowledge of basic computer systems (Microsoft Office®)
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and project specifications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Small Water and Small Waste Water systems ticket would be an asset
- Experience in a mining environment is an asset
- Able to work cross functionally
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time