triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. London campus is actively seeking a dynamic individual to join the campus team as Student Success Advisor.
A student success Advisor will act as coach and mentor for students throughout their program. The Student Success Advisor will inspire, motivate, and assist students. The Student Success Advisor will strive to ensure the highest levels of student outcomes and program satisfaction are achieved
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Organize and conduct New Student Orientation.
- Meet with all students one month into their program (or earlier if there is an issue). Review with each student how the program is going, is the College meeting their needs, anything further they need or see how something could be improved upon.
- Diffuse upset, angry or hostile students and provide guidance and information and refer appropriately.
- Identify students at risk or in crisis and proactively connect them with the appropriate resources and supports.
- Follow a prescribed student engagement process with face-to-face meetings, phone calls, surveys and electronic communications to assist students successfully through their program and student experience.
- Manage the student exit survey process, review the results, and make recommendations based on the results to the Campus Director.
- Create Student Success Plans (SSP).
- Work with Instructors to ensure student SSP and accommodations are understood and implemented.
- Provide guidance on personal issues with students and connect them to local counselling resources and/or the student assistance provider (where applicable).
- Act as a back-up Instructor for Student Success Strategies course.
- Manage the Peer Assisted Learning program.
- Assist with the Student Ambassador Program, working with the instructor in charge of this program.
- Communicate concerns about student progress to instructors and administration in conjunction with coaching efforts and strategy.
- Weekly approval of grades in the College Administration System (XCAS).
- Act as Acting Campus Director when the Campus Director is away.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Post-secondary education in business or technology, university degree preferred.
- 3+ years of management, operational and/or administrative experience is required.
- CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certifications would be an asset.
- Experience working with students who require accommodations.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required.
- An understanding of the Private Career College Industry is preferred.
This position will require the successful candidate to have their own transportation, a valid driver’s license, and credit card.
Hours of Work:
This position is a permanent full-time opportunity. Hours of work for this position will be Monday to Friday 9am-6pm. Flexibility will be required in order to meet business needs.
The expected start date for this opportunity is January 2020.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent