Incredible location, caring management team, massive opportunity to explore your craft with business intelligence and creative flair, TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winning hotel and restaurant, upscale dining menu, inexpensive staff accommodations right on property, wonderful coworkers, lifelong unforgettable experiences in the Rockies!
COME TO THE ROCKIES FOR SUMMER!
Everyone has the Canadian Rockies on their bucket list. This is your chance to move to Jasper National Park this summer where you will learn, earn, explore amazing places with awesome new friends and save money for your next adventure in the fall!
Sunwapta is a semi-remote Mountain Lodge, so very unique in that all 45 of our staff live on property with inexpensive staff housing provided. There is an unparalleled sense of family.
The lodge features both cabin and lodge style accommodations catering to mid - upper end clientele. We have won consumer rating awards from both TripAdvisor and Booking.com. We are ranked #3 on TripAdvisor for Jasper, have a rating of 8 on Booking.com, 4.2 on Google reviews, and 4.4 as an employer on Indeed.
The restaurant has won TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence for four years. Whether experienced, or building your career, Sunwapta is an excellent place to build your experience and propel your career in hospitality and tourism.
Sous Chef: Job Brief
The Sous Chef position at Sunwapta is the night line. From time to time it has been the position of the First Cook.
Under supervision of Executive Chef, this position is responsible for dinner line set-up and Mis-en-place. It is important to ensure the line is set-up on time, before dinner service begins. Prepare and serve all dinner menu items, as well as daily specials. Follow recipe standards, portion control, quality control and Food safe guidelines at all times. Ensure prompt service of plated foods, and ready for Dining Room to open on time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare and cook the evening dinner menu at Sunwapta. This is the highlight of many visitors’ holiday
- Understanding how important this position is to our guests’ perception of their Sunwapta experience
- Maintaining a positive attitude and leading the kitchen by example
- Understanding how important training and motivating are to the success of all team members at Sunwapta and wanting to help people learn and grow in their position
- Assist with any banquets or set menus as required
- Accept responsibility for a timely kitchen and work towards that goal until achieved
- Kitchen Grocery orders in the Chefs absence
- Coordination with the Chef to assure communication on all kitchen staff needs regarding training and motivation to assure their success
- Working with the Chef to ensure there is no damaging staff behaviour
- Being present for any staff housing situations involving kitchen staff
- Maintaining all kitchen equipment via communication with the maintenance supervisor
Qualifications and Skills
- This position requires a commitment to a restaurant career
- You must want to learn how to run a successful restaurant
- You will be providing an example both on and off shift so you will need to be comfortable doing that
- To be successful you need to be interested in learning all about training and motivating staff
- You understand the importance of data when it comes to assuring a premium guest experience
- You love fine dining
For full information on us please visit: www.sunwapta.com/jobs
***You MUST already possess a valid Canadian work visa or be a resident or citizen of Canada in order to be considered for this position. Our government does not let us sponsor foreign worker visa applications.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $4,000.00 to $4,500.00 /month
- cooking: 4 years (Preferred)
- Line Cook: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)