GARDEN CENTRE ASSOCIATE
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
Kent is locally owned and operated, and we continue to grow in your community.
Garden centre associates need to be extremely flexible. In addition to regular duties of customer service and stocking product, you are working in all sorts of weather conditions – hot, damp, dusty, windy….and many of your products are very heavy. You really need to lift correctly and vary your tasks.
You’re also saving lives! (Plants don’t survive long without proper watering). Ideally, you like plants and gardening as much as you enjoy working with people.
- Working safely
- Providing superior customer service – this includes greeting customers, providing information, locating products
- Stocking products and creating displays
- Assisting in the receiving of garden centre products
- Any other duties assigned by garden centre supervisor
- Must be 16 years old
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs
- Ability to work in all weather conditions, fast-paced and dynamic workplace
- Physically able to lift, stand and walk for extended hours
You will need to take ownership for your area of the store and maintain the highest standards of safety, service and merchandising and seek assistant when asked questions that you are unable to answer, or you need help lifting heavy items.
- A safe and friendly work environment
- Employee discount
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Seasonal
Part-time hours: 24-40 per week
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
- Are you 16 years old?
- Are you willing and able to work outside in various weather conditions?