*** This Job is in Calgary, Alberta! ***
Is the cost of living in BC getting you down? Maybe it's time for a change! We are looking for experienced HETs to move to Calgary where we have no PST :) If you want to know more, please apply and we can talk about how this role might work for you.
Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician (Shop), Calgary
Summary of Position
Synergy HR Consulting, on behalf of our client Movac Mobile Vacuum Services, is seeking an experienced Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician. Movac Heavy Duty is the mechanical repair division of Movac Mobile Vacuum Services Ltd. (Movac). They are a fully equipped heavy duty mechanical repair shop servicing customers all over the city. Movac Heavy Duty is continuing to expand their team due to continuous growth. Employees at Movac believe in the strength of teamwork, innovative thinking, and collaboration. They see exciting opportunities ahead and know our dedicated people are the key to success.
As member of our Movac mechanical team and reporting to the Fleet and Service Manager, you will work in a fast-paced environment maintaining Movac’s own fleet of equipment as well as a variety of outside customers. You will be responsible for the completion of preventative maintenance and on-going repairs of Movac and/or customer equipment. This position offers full time hours (we are a very busy shop) and an opportunity to perform work on various types of equipment including highway tractors, off highway equipment, and trailers.
- Perform CVIPS, scheduled preventative maintenance, repairs, testing, visual inspections, and diagnosis of heavy equipment
- Determine and document required repairs-prepare work orders/cost estimates for service approval
- Perform testing and inspection to ensure repairs are complete and in compliance with manufacture specifications and government regulations and standards
- Complete required documentation and reporting for inspections and repairs
- Troubleshoot, research, and source information for complex repairs
- Assist in the training and mentoring of apprentices
- Conduct all job responsibilities in accordance with the Movac HSE standards, guidelines, and rules
- Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures
- Perform work safely and efficiently ensuring work area is clean and organized
Experience and Competencies
- Certified Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician (on road)
- Minimum of five years’ experience working with tractors and trailers.
- Preference given to candidates with diesel engine experience.
- Experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical issues
- Ability to read schematics, drawings, or manuals to assist with diagnosis and repair of heavy equipment
- Able to work efficiently in a face paced team environment
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to minimize errors
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Provide excellent customer service and workmanship to customers
- Valid CVIP Inspection License (or able to obtain this)
- Class 1 or 3 driver’s license is an asset
- Clean Drivers’ Abstract
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of water, vacuum and hydrovac units would be an asset
- Pre-employment alcohol and drug testing is required
Movac Heavy Duty offers individuals a dynamic work environment including competitive wages, benefit program, and ongoing training and development opportunities.
Movac Heavy Duty is an equal opportunity employer, and we thank all applicants for their time and interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the Client:
Movac Mobile Vacuum Services Ltd. (Movac) is a privately owned, Canadian-based oilfield service company with over two decades of industry experience. As a major competitor in the oil and gas service industry, specifically the vacuum and water truck services sector, Movac delivers comprehensive solutions for the safe cleanup, transfer and disposal of industrial fluids and waste for leading companies across Western Canada.
Even through the most difficult economic times Movac has continued to expand and develop our relationships with new and existing clients. Working to the highest standards, Movac leverages its expertise and an enviable track record to deliver best-in-class service to help its customers achieve sustained value. Employees at Movac believe in the strength of teamwork, innovative thinking, and collaboration and we know our dedicated people are the key to continued success.
Synergy HR Consulting is a Human Resource Management and Recruitment firm providing a broad range of HR and Recruitment services to a variety of businesses in all industries in Western Canada. We work collaboratively with our clients to ensure we understand their core business, building teams that are engaged, empowered and accountable. Our meaningful, long-term relationships with our clients make us an industry leader in providing exceptions HR and Recruitment support.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $40.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have a clean Driver's Abstract?
- Are you willing to relocate to CALGARY, ALBERTA?
- heavy equipment technician/mechanic: 5 years (preferred)
- tractor trailer: 5 years (preferred)
- diesel engine: 1 year (preferred)
- Journeyman Heavy Equipment technician (on road) (required)
- CVIP Inspection Licence? (preferred)
- Class 3 Licence (preferred)
- Class 1 Licence (preferred)
- Air Brake Endorsement (preferred)
Work Location: In person