Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) Category Manager
The Giampaolo Group was founded over 40 years ago in Toronto with one truck collecting scrap metal and has grown into a multinational metal processor and supplier. We remain a privately owned corporation with operations throughout North America with additional operations in South America and Europe. We focus on harvesting waste within the metal ecosystem by operating within the recycling, manufacturing and IT asset disposition space. We have branched out into real estate leasing and development with a keen focus on sustainable growth for all of our operating segments.
We are transforming the way we work and want you to be a part of it. As part of the Supply Chain team you will perform the purchasing activities that will benefit the subsidiaries of the Giampaolo Group by providing a purchasing approach and strategy to lower the cost of buying, reduce risk in the supply chain and increase the overall value from the supply base.
Our Supply Chain team is made up of dedicated individuals, some of whom have spent a lifetime living, breathing and (accidentally) eating scrap metal. Our operations and subsidiaries reach across North America and beyond. Our Supply Chain and Maintenance Managers are backed up by an all-star support team (including YOU). We buy and sell Aluminum, Copper, Brass, Zinc, Stainless Steel and anything else metallic that we can find a home for.
What you can expect to do:
The objective of this role of MRO Category Manager is to perform the purchasing activities that will benefit the subsidiaries of the Giampaolo Group by providing a purchasing approach and strategy to lower the cost of buying, reduce risk in the supply chain and increase the overall value from the supply base.
- Strategic oversight of the sourcing and procurement process as it pertains to the Maintenance, Repair and Operations expense.
- Analyze and recommend SKU rationalization in the maintenance stores.
- Strategic Supplier Sourcing across the Globe, resulting in best value for the subsidiaries.
- Instrumental member of design and implementation of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Prepare request for quotes and negotiate contracts.
- In Depth Market analysis of categories managed.
- Develop and manage the preferred supplier programs for the Giampaolo Group. Responsible to communicate and coach the programs into the subsidiaries. Following up with monitoring and measuring success.
- Assist in the cascading of the Corporate Purchasing Policy and Procedures.
- Design and prepare monthly reports pertaining to MRO categories and compliance.
- Coaching and advising on MRO purchasing for local items.
- Someone with a Post-Secondary Degree.
- Someone with 5-10 years relevant purchasing and MRO experience.
- An accredited Purchasing professional. Accreditation from a Purchasing / Supply Chain organization - SCMP, ISM, PMAC.
- A sound decision maker with excellent negotiation skills and communication ability.
- Inquisitive, detail orientated with strong analytical and innovative problem solving skills.
- Well organized with a keen ability handle multiple tasks and projects at one time.
- A good communicator, a strong relationship builder and have a keen sense of customer service.
- Someone with “High-Intermediate” to “Advanced” knowledge of MS Office, and Maintenance Computer Systems.
- Language English plus Spanish/Mandarin.
- Involved in the implementation of the Purchasing Functionality of a CMMS.
- Experience in Mobile Equipment Purchasing.
- Capital Purchasing.
- Proven success sourcing MRO outside of North America.
- Canada, USA, Mexico locations – Triple M, Venture/GAT Steel, Matalco, GEEP.
- Spend of $50M.
- Some travel required.
- Reports to VP Supply Chain, Giampaolo Group.
Want to meet us? Great! We want to meet you too! Here are some things to prepare for the interview:
- Examples of how you interact with teammates and customers, putting the success of the team above personal limitations.
- Structure your thoughts with the STAR method.
- Come with your passion and tell us how you want to change the way that we do work!
Giampaolo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome diversity in the workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities. To request any accommodations you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms) contact us at 905-793-7083 to discuss your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Category Management: 5 years (Required)
- SCMP, ISM, or PMAC (Required)