Electrician (309a or equivalent)
Georgian Bay Fire & Safety Ltd., one of the largest independent Life Safety & Property Protection companies in Canada, is seeking an additional member for our growing team. Our Fire Alarm, Security, Sprinkler, and Electrical professionals are protecting people and property every day.
Working in our Cambridge office under the direction of the Service Manager, your primary responsibility will be to provide electrical support on Fire Alarm, Emergency Light & Security Installation and Repair projects. This will include running low voltage circuits using both armoured cable and conduit. High voltage final connections and troubleshooting will also be part of your day.
We are looking for some great people who can work well in a team environment.
The position is full time with the standard hours being 8 am – 4 30 pm with a ½ hour for lunch. Some flexibility based on Emergency Service is appreciated.
Experience and Skills Needed
- 309A Construction and Maintenance Electrician Certificate of Qualification (apprentices will be considered)
- Commercial and/or Industrial Electrical experience
- Valid G Drivers License
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Fire Alarm and/or Security is an asset, but we will train if necessary
- Displays passion for and responsibility to the customer
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
- A strong drive to complete tasks
- Displays personal and corporate integrity
What’s In It For You
- Competitive salary
- Company Vehicle
- Uniforms provided
- Medical and Dental benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- A collaborative, team environment
Sound Like a Good Fit?
We’d love to talk to you! Please submit the following to apply:
- Cover letter explaining why you want to work at Georgian Bay Fire & Safety and not somewhere else.