The human resources coordinator/recruiter manages the day-to-day operations of the human resource office. The human resources coordinator/recruiter is responsible for the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs. They carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment, orientation, HRIS, employee relations, and employment.
- Accountability and Dependability
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Creative & Innovative Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Decision-Making and Judgement
- Development and Continuous Learning
- Energy and Stress Management
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Quality Orientation
- Research and Analysis
- Results Focus
- Time Management
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Assists to establish departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company’s strategic goals.
- Maintains employee-related databases. Prepares and analyzes reports that are necessary to carry out functions of the department and company.
- Fully utilizes HR software to the company’s advantage.
- Assists with the implementation of the performance management system.
- Assists with the establishments of an in-house employee training system that addresses the company’s training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation, management development and the measurement of training impact.
- Advises managers on the selection and contracting of external training programs.
- Maintains employee training records.
- Partner with hiring managers to determine staffing needs.
- Manages the recruitment process for employees using the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Reviews resumes for all candidates, screens and interviews potential candidates.
- Perform reference checks.
- Coordinating interviews with the hiring managers.
- Following up on the interview process status.
- Maintaining a recruitment database.
- Communicating employer information and benefits during the screening process.
- Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Conducting exit interviews on terminated employees.
- Participates in the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system of the company.
- Assists with the implementation of company health and safety programs.
- Provides competitive market research and prepares pay studies to help establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
- Participates in one salary survey per year.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company HR policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Job Type / Category
This position is a 14 month term for maternity leave coverage with the possibility of full-time.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma or Degree in Human Resources.
- 3+ years experience in human resources, specifically recruiting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work individually or as a team.
- Ability to function under stress and tight deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of labour laws.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects simultaneously.
Paradox Access Solutions is an industry leader in innovative access solutions for any location in Western Canada. Since 2004 Paradox has been providing industrial access mats, swamp mats, rig mats, and ground reinforcement for the pipeline, utility, municipal, general construction and oil and gas industries.
Our business is based on one simple principle: ensuring stable, dependable access to keep projects moving. We are here to provide the best possible solution quickly, reliably and safely.
Want to join a company who sees roadblocks as mere challenges? Who has placed over 1 million mats on over 5,000 projects? If you are dependable, innovative and looking for a challenge, then we have something in common, and we want you to join our team!
Whether it’s mud, muskeg, or extreme weather conditions, we understand that every hour without access stands in the way of success. Our Philosophy: Access Granted. Guaranteed. No matter how complicated. If you are looking for the opportunity to work with people who think like you do – and people who don’t – then we should get together.
Job Type: Temporary
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)