Complete projects pertaining to residential and commercial asphalt paving. Ensure all projects are done in a quality manner. Maintain a positive attitude when approached by customers on the job site. Drive equipment to pick up material and move to the next job site.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform raking and finishing on residential and commercial paving jobs, cut and patch, and ramps.
- Perform driveway sealing and building ramps with hot asphalt.
- Perform daily equipment inspections.
- Wash and keep equipment clean.
- Safely sort, stack, and band products and safely secure equipment in trucks.
- Load and unload equipment at our customer’s sites.
- Properly set up and dismantle the equipment.
- Minor heavy lifting of equipment onto company vehicles.
- Repetitive bending, kneeling, and crouching.
- Ensure regular maintenance and housekeeping of the work environment.
- Follow all procedures involved in the transferring of equipment.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency.
- Good physical condition – job involves heavy lifting and long hours.
- Ability to perform any laboring task and any other tasks as required.
- Proof of legal eligibility to work in Canada.
- Basic understanding of reading and speaking English.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in a related field.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Minimum secondary school graduation certificate or equivalent.
- Flexible with the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Work is outdoors so you must be able to work in different types of weather.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
- asphalt raking/finishing: 2 years (Required)
- asphalt paving: 3 years (Preferred)