CIBC Mellon is a leading provider of asset servicing solutions to institutional investors in Canada, including multi-currency accounting, fund valuation, and investment information reporting. We are passionate about providing exceptional client service backed by our culture of innovation and success. Our outstanding employee experience will provide you with opportunities to learn and grow professionally while supporting the communities in which you live and work.
We are a diverse and dynamic workplace where employees take an active role in delivering on strategic objectives while advancing their individual career goals. We encourage innovative thinking and give our employees the support and resources they need to turn great ideas into actions.
We’re always looking for talented people who can make a meaningful difference for our clients, our company and our communities. To learn more about why our employees love coming to work each day, visit www.cibcmellon.com/experience.
The Senior Treasury Analyst, Treasury Services, acts as a subject matter expert within Treasury Services and other departments on all banking and deposit related matters. This includes the company’s demand deposit and money market fund. This position also leads the preparation of month end reporting, as well as perform analytics to ensure validity of reported interest, referral fees and balances.
- Oversees and leads the setup of new banking services for all business units, as well as act as an escalation point of contact for any trouble shooting.
- Maintain all bank account records by ensuring the master list is up to date and ensure all interest earned/charged are captured accurately.
- Work with the banking relationship manager to ensure all bank agreements are reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
- Leads and coordinates all Bank of Canada enquiries and filing regarding the deposit book and Ontario Securities Commission filing for the money market fund.
- Prepares the month-end package and ALCO materials
- Develops and prepares specified daily or monthly CDIC reports for use by group management to summarize specified period ending activity
- Analyse and prepare the monthly performance report for the money market fund
- Manage all custody account setups, modifications and changes by coordinating with various internal departments (treasury investments, custody services, fund valuation, account management, etc).
- Works with the Treasury Analyst to monitor the daily trade and administration activity associated with the management of CIBC Mellon portfolios and the money market fund.
- Estimates daily cash positions in support of daily Investment activity using well defined methods, processes & approaches, working collaboratively with Treasury team/management to formulate position as well as confirm and approve decisions.
- Evaluates and reviews daily forecast variances, investigating initial causes and taking necessary follow up actions to resolve and adjust identified variances.
- Conducts daily and monthly reconciliations of various accounting systems and trading activities
- Collaborates with other internal departments/business lines to deal with Treasury related initiatives & enquiries, potentially handling items, issues or concerns directly, through escalation from lower levels or may escalate to Treasury management when necessary.
CIBC Mellon's Values:
Get it Right Every Day:
- Undergraduate business degree with a professional designation (CPA, CA, CFA, or CTP)
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience within banking, treasury and/or capital markets
- Knowledge of money market and capital market instruments, dealers and practices; corporate banking services and practices; CIBC Mellon’s custody management systems
- Presentation and communication skills
- Advanced excel skills
Deliver service excellence while always acting with the highest ethical standards
Put Clients at the Centre:
Advocate for clients by listening, sharing knowledge, and bringing the right solutions forward
Be One Family:
Challenge, empower and recognize your colleagues
Speak up, speak out, and make things better