Join the VanWest College Team!
VanWest College is a privately owned Canadian college with campuses located in Vancouver and Kelowna, British Columbia. Highly interactive program courses, taught by industry leaders, are designed to improve students’ communication skills, increase business knowledge and refine job-search and employability skills. For real learning, real experience, and real results, VanWest College is the premiere choice.
This is a posting for a contract which covers a maternity leave.
- Recruit and maintain a cohort of suitable host families for international students.
Conduct home inspections.*
- Establish the contractual agreement and maintain the currency of host family records and collect the required documentation to meet accreditation and government standards.
- Select suitable host families for all new students, while ensuring that host availability, matching criteria, and student preferences are observed.
- Organize the arrival and departure of students; organizing homestay, transportation, and all correspondence necessary.
- Respond to crises in a prompt and caring manner and refer cases to all parties involved.*
- Process payments for host families and service providers.
- Administer the operation of the student residence. Handle the arrival and departure of students. Monitor the facilities' infrastructure.*
- For minor students, provide custodianship services as the named Custodian.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends is required to assist with student arrivals/departures, moves, and provide emergency support;*
- Perform other related duties and projects as required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ related experience working in an administrative role
- Previous experience working with international students would be a definite asset.
- Be reliable, dependable, and be self-directed in their work.
- Be adaptable and flexible to meet deadline demands.
- Must be able to handle and resolve issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in working with technology – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, databases, etc.
- Valid BC drivers license and access to a vehicle
This position is at the Kelowna campus.
The successful candidate will have to provide a criminal record check.
*Please see COVID-19 Considerations applicable to these Job Responsibilities
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
*Protective PPE (masks, gloves and sanitizer) will be provided for any responsibilities that involve contact between homestay families, homestay students and residence students.
*Our return-to-work guidelines will be provided upon any applicants request
- Administrative Related: 3 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19