Cement Grinding Plant and Terminal
Provide general labour duties and cleanup support to our Woodstock Plant to fully meet our health and safety goals. Maintaining a safe, clean environment which all employees will take pride in and to provide the satisfaction of a job well done.
- Obey and apply all Company health and safety rules in daily duties.
- Conduct field level risk assessment before starting any task.
- Ensure all equipment is properly and adequately locked out before starting any task.
- Clean up spills, leaks etc as directed by the Production Supervisor or designate (lead hand/s).
- Follow instructions as per weekly housekeeping schedule.
- Carry out confined space attendant duties.
- Communicate effectively with Production Supervisor or designate to identify and actualize remediation plans to attack chronic housekeeping concerns.
- Provide relief as required for Production Support Workers (Heavy Equipment Operation and/or Shipping).
- Report all safety and environmental incidents in a timely manner.
- Inspect all equipment and tools prior to use and initiate work requests to resolve deficiencies.
- Carry out adjustments and minor repairs to equipment as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- View change as an essential element of our business.
- Successful completion of High School certificate.
- Previous experience working in a heavy industrial environment an asset.
- First aid certificate desirable.
- Working at heights and confined space trained desirable.
- Trained and holding current tickets for operating mobile equipment desirable.
- Basic mechanical skills desirable.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $21.00-$22.00 per hour
- general labourer: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ingersoll, ON (Preferred)