Position Title: HEAD CASHIER
Job Type: FULL-TIME, PERMANENT
Location: PORT COQUITLAM, BC
Compensation: $19 - $22 / Hour (Based on Experience)
WHO ARE WE?
We are a proud Canadian company in operation since 1993. We are well established leader in the Hardware, Tools and Gardening industry. We have 4 store locations, a Distribution Center and Head Office. Our stores have a wide selection of national brands with the latest products in the market. We proudly serve a broad spectrum of clients from the contractor, industrial users, and homeowners. We take pride in serving their needs. We are creating new and more opportunities for our team through expansion.
WHAT WE OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES?
- We are expanding and hiring candidates who are looking for growth and development opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Benefit Package – extended health, dental, long term disability, and term life insurance
- All Staff are full-time which creates a stable work environment.
- Not required to work Sundays, evenings, or statutory holidays
- We are offering advancements through multiple channels - Retail, Distribution, and Head Office
- Exhibiting strong leadership skills to manage and delegate responsibilities among cashiers
- Strategically recruiting cashiers with the appropriate skills along with assistant store manager
- Communicating store objectives to cashiers * Driving productivity and customer service at the front end.
- Coaching, training and developing cashiers by providing both informal and formal job performance-based feedback
- Taking appropriate action to minimize turnover.
- Reconciling daily and weekly paperwork.
- Ensuring audits are conducted weekly and company expectations are fully met
- Taking an active role in the execution of safety awareness and leading by example
- Minimum 2 years of management experience in retail industry
- Must be able to carry out performance reviews
- At least 2 years of paperwork reconciliation
- Experienced in recruiting, minimum of 2 years.
- Able to demonstrate strong customer service skills
- Team player, eager to support and contribute to the team
- Strong communication, organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willing to work with energy, pace and passion
- Strong work ethic, sense of responsibility and attention to details
- Able to work a flexible schedule *including Saturdays*
We thank all that apply, however only successful candidates will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00-$22.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care