Welcome to our home! Above all else, that’s what The Saul and Claribel Simkin Centre is—a home. It’s a sparkling, 200-bed facility in south Winnipeg where people who can no longer live independently come to live their remaining years in dignity and with professional care, in a robust and friendly social environment steeped in Yiddishkeit.
The Saul and Claribel Simkin Centre is a not-for-profit, government-funded facility that honours Jewish values and traditions while welcoming seniors of all backgrounds.
Are you looking for a rewarding career where you are treated with respect and are part of a robust employee culture? We offer many employee benefits including an EAP program, HEPP Pension, HEB Health & Dental benefits, generous compensation, on site cafe with subsidized pricing and many staff recognition events.
- Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Care, Unit/Charge Nurse, or Licensed Practical Nurse and in accordance with The Simkin Centre’s mission statement and policies and procedures, the HCA provides personal care to residents with empathy, maintains a supportive and safe environment, carries out routine treatments and assists with cleaning of equipment and work areas.
- Performs all duties in accordance with established health and safety regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Successful completion of Grade 10.
- Health Care Aide Certificate.
- Must successfully pass a pre-hire screening test.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Two years experience as a Health Care Aide.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all contacts.
- Ability to perform assigned duties accurately and efficiently with minimum supervision.
- Effective interpersonal relationships demonstrated in carrying out duties.
- Able to meet time deadlines for completion of work assignments and reports.
- Good physical and mental health to meet the demands of the position; ability to lift 51 lbs.
- Ability to follow directions as per use of supplies and safe use of equipment.
- Must have a good performance and attendance record.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Please submit resume on the WRHA career site or email to [email protected]
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 15.5 per week
Salary: From $20.09 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
Work Location: In person