This position will be responsible to plan, implement, coordinate and maintain quality systems and programs under the direction of the Director of Design and QA. The successful candidate will be a Certified Weld Inspector (or eligible to become) and responsible for ensuring visual inspections are conducted and documented on welded product, and will conduct routine audits of Sentinel processes to maintain quality standards. The Quality Technician will maintain appropriate accreditation systems, documents and information, including but not limited to welder qualification, vendor qualification, corrective action systems, and tool calibration systems.
- Comply with all quality related policies, procedures and systems
- Provide direction to quality personnel and interface with production, engineering and sales
- Assist in conducting inspection and testing of finished products, raw materials and subcontracted intermediate products
- Determine root cause analysis and corrective action in driving QA objectives
- Analyze and maintain results from all inspections
- In case of non-compliance, work with operators/supervisor/engineering to resolve the problem satisfactorily and in a timely fashion
- Inspect samples submitted for sales
- Conduct initial qualification testing of manufactured/machined products during preproduction and prototype stages.
- Perform product audits as applicable.
- Assist in set up, provide required gauging and conduct First Off Inspections.
- Assist in the implementation and development of ISO Standards
- Complete received material inspection reports and assist with inventory control.
- Assist in the implementation and development of GD&T
- Assist in the development of documentation and inspection templates
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Technology with 2-3 years’ quality related experience within a manufacturing environment. Preferably in a machine shop environment.
- Strong knowledge of ISO 9001:2008
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, assembly tooling, gauges, and reading micrometers
- Thorough understanding of Engineering drawings, BOM’s, and GD&T within an manufacturing environment
- Strong Communication and computer skills
- Strong analytical, organization and problem-solving skills
- Must be persistent, consistent and accurate
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)