Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville General Hospital, Trenton Memorial Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and North Hastings Hospital, offer high-quality, comprehensive health services to nearly 200,000 people throughout the region.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
QHC’s vision is to provide exceptional and compassionate care and to be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. We strive to enhance the quality and safety of care, create an exceptional safety experience, provide effective care transitions, and be an exceptional workplace. In applying to any of our careers, all candidates will promote a safe environment by informing their manager of any relevant issues related to patients, families or staff and maintain a focus on patient and staff safety in all aspects of duties performed.
Are you compassionate about providing care to individuals who suffer from acute illness or injury? Quinte 4 ACE Unit is an acute care medical unit, within Quinte Health Care, that also specializes in Acute Care for the Elderly. ACE patients are those individuals who are 65 years of age and older who come from home/retirement home/nursing home with an acute illness or injury requiring hospitalization. We are a 36 bed unit with a patient staff ratio of 6:1 on nights, and 5:1 on days. The successful candidate must love working with the elderly and have extensive knowledge, understanding, patience and experience communicating and treating the elderly. We are looking for a highly motivated and professional RN who is comfortable providing patient and family centered care, and who is capable of working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary healthcare team. The successful candidate must also be registered and in good standing with or be eligible for registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario. Furthermore, we offer a healthy work environment that promotes continued learning and educational opportunities, and a comprehensive orientation program with mentorship.
- Current Certificate of Registration in good standing, or eligible for registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario,
- Current ACLS or a minimum of CPR or BLS Certificate. If you are selected for an interview, you will be required to show a valid copy of card and or certificate at the time of interview
- Completion of Coronary Care 1 or equivalent (ex. previous Cardio Concepts QHC) or willing to register to an eligible course within 60 days and completion within 6 months of commencement of position (or mutually agreed upon dates),
- Current certificate in either Gentle Persuasion Approach, PIECES or NCVI, or willing to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Evidence of continuing professional development, and
- Capable of coping with a physically demanding workload (Physical Demands Analysis available to review).
- Provision of care for patients within an interproffessional environment, including assessment, treatment, teaching and education
- Performs acts requiring specialized knowledge, skills and judgement necessary for care of acute medical patients.
- Teaching and coaching to patients and families
- Maintains nursing records in accordance with College of Nurses Standards.
- Practicing in compliance with provincial legislation, hospital policy and procedures, professional regulatory standards and best practices within the nursing profession
- Maintaining professional competence by completing regular professional development including annul training and education as indicated
- Participates in unit/dept. and hospital quality improvement initiatives
- Adheres to a safe and healthy workplace and maintains a safe and healthy work environment through attendance at educational programs, use of established mechanisms for injuries and hazards and adheres to health and safety related policy and procedures
- Adapts and adheres to the values of QHC while promoting and advocating for an enhanced patient experience
- Other duties as assigned.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.
Physical Demands Analysis
- Required Occasionally – lifting and carrying average weight 20 pounds and max 50, pushing/pulling average 10-15 pounds and max 30 pounds, patient assist approx. 100 pounds
- Required Constantly – standing
- Required Frequently – walking, bending/stooping
- Required Occasionally – sitting, twisting/turning, bending, crouching/squatting, kneeling
- Required Rarely – balancing, climbing
- Required Frequently – forward shoulder movements, gripping/grasping, pinching, neck, elbow, shoulder, wrist and back normal range of motion
- Required Occasionally – fine finger movements, shoulder movements (up/down)
- Required Rarely – foot action