Community Respite Service supports the caregivers and parents of children and adults with disabilities, by giving them much deserved breaks. Respite work is a rewarding job working with people with physical and/or intellectual disabilities.
- Great job for students or those seeking secondary employment
- Experience an asset, but not a requirement
- A chance to learn new skills and receive training
- Part-time hours: available days, evenings and weekends
- Flexible hours
- Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check (no more than 3 months old) are requiredbefore interviews. The cost of getting these checks is reimbursed to Respite Workers who stay with Community Respite Service for at least 500 hours.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Supportive and positive work environment
The six key areas of responsibility for Community Respite Service workers:
- Participant Well-Being
- Independent Problem Solving
- Administrative Responsibilities
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.25 to $14.75 /hour
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)