Solar Installation Foreman
Job Title: Solar Installation Foreman
Position Type: Mid-level position
Employment: 6-month initial contract
Start Date: 26 July, 2021
Location: Miramichi, NB
Natural Forces Solar is a turnkey design-build contractor specializing in the deployment of renewable energy systems. We are based in Halifax, NS and work on projects across Atlantic Canada. We are seeking to add a Solar Installation Foreman to our growing team. The ideal candidate will combine their passion for renewable energy with years of experience in the construction industry. The Foreman will be focused on ensuring the safety of our jobsite and the quality of our installation workmanship, while professionally representing Natural Forces Solar to our clients. This position will be a Working Foreman position, involving approximately 75% construction work and 25% construction management & administration.
Projects will consist of a variety of commercial scale solar photovoltaic (PV) systems including roof and ground mounted PV systems. Projects will be primarily based in the Miramichi region with travel being required to reach various job sites.
To oversee the Solar Installation Team, who will primarily be responsible for the installation of solar PV racking systems and solar PV panels. The position will involve any of the following:
Installation of solar PV system racking and module mounting.
- Read and interpret construction engineering drawings, product datasheets, shop drawings, installation manuals, and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Assemble and install commercial solar PV racking systems and solar panels.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, including torque wrenches, cutting tools, impact drivers, etc.
- Heavy lifting up to 75lbs, employing Manual Material Handling best practices as necessary.
- Working at heights.
Construction Management Responsibilities
- Lead by example to ensure safe work practices are followed on the job sites.
- Conduct daily safety meetings and hazard assessments.
- Report incidents & participate in incident investigations, as required.
- Complete vehicle, tools & equipment safety checks
- Lead by example to ensure work quality standards are maintained.
- Conduct quality control checks on work completed by the Solar Installation Team.
- Manage materials and tools on site.
- Maintain high level of professionalism.
- Inspect materials arriving on site.
- Manage and submit timesheets for Solar Installation Team.
- Provide daily & weekly updates/reports to Natural Forces Field Services Manager.
Requirements/assets for the position
- High-school diploma
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience as a foreman in the construction industry or a minimum 5 years of general construction experience
- Experience interpreting & working with engineering drawings
- Strong teamwork skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills, highly organized, attention to detail
- Autonomous work with minimal supervision
- Regular travel within eastern New Brunswick (Moncton to Campbellton)
- Flexibility to accommodate occasional weekend work when necessary for the efficient completion of projects
- Driver’s license with clean driving record and access to dependable vehicle
- Police Record Check & Vulnerable Sectors Check
- Previous experience as a roofing, carpentry, or general construction foreman
- Previous experience installing solar systems
- Previous experience working with First Nations Communities
- Experience operating light constructions equipment (Skid steer, scissor lifts)
- Current safety certificates
- Fall Protection
- Emergency or Standard 1st Aid + CPR C
- Manual Materials Handling
- Planned 6-month salaried contract position.
- Salary based on $27-30/hour for average 40-hour work week.
- Planned work schedule is for 10-hour days Monday – Thursday, however this is subject to change
- Mileage rates for use of appropriate work vehicle.
- Internal & external training and professional development opportunities
- All applications must include a current CV
- Applications will be accepted until 5PM ADT Wednesday, June 16th, 2021
- All applications are strictly confidential
Contract length: 6 months
Application deadline: 2021-06-16
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $27.00-$30.00 per hour