Rainbow Riders is Hiring a Stable Employee
We are recruiting a driven, self-motivated horse care and stable employee to join our team to insure the best quality care of our horses and facility. This is a full-time position under the supervision of the Executive Director and Barn Manager, and the chosen candidate will be responsible for the execution of best stable practices.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Horse Care - Completion of all barn chores including, feeding and watering; safe delivery of horses to and from turn-out areas; stall cleaning and barn upkeep; horse grooming tasks such as maintaining the cleanliness of horses’ hooves to ensure their best health. Under direction, implement best practices in disease control and medication protocols.
- Facilities Management - Ensure proper maintenance of the physical facility, grounds, and relevant operational equipment, including use of facility tractor; maintaining hay supply which requires the handling of up to 80lb hay bales; maintenance of sawdust supply and grain; snow clearing; facility cleaning, etc.
- Volunteer Supervision – Direct, mentor and work with volunteers in the completion of the above tasks. This may include horse care, facilities management and tasks to support the therapy program.
This role requires a highly motivated individual with a passion for working with horses. The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with and handling horses.
- Experience in barn maintenance and upkeep.
- Horseback riding experience would be an asset to this position.
- Some evenings and weekends will be required, must be willing to work a flexible schedule;
- Driver’s license is required;
- Working conditions include working alone, working outside in varying weather conditions, frequent interruptions, and possible heavy lifting;
- Work responsibilities require a standard 35 hours per week plus additional overtime as required to fulfill the duties associated with the position.
Rainbow Riders is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality or disability. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter via email.
Please apply no later than Monday, August 19th, and quote “Stable Employee” in the subject heading of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time