Internal & External - Full-Time (Indeterminate) X 2 Positions
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week; Days (Monday through Friday);
Hours from anytime between 7:15 am to 6:30 pm; hours may change dependent on program and children’s needs
$21.43/hr plus Government approved Wage Enhancement for all hours worked directly with children to fully licensed ECE Staff. Plus, a generous leave, benefits and pension package
Program & Location:
Early Care & Learning Centres – Surrey Programs
Open Until Filled
Atira Women’s Resource Society Early Care & Learning Centres:
We believe child care should foster the development of the whole child – socially, physically, intellectually, creatively and emotionally and it is with these principles in mind that we designed our inclusive licensed Early Care & Learning Centres in Surrey.
You Also Have:
- You embrace Atira’s mission, vision, values and philosophy.
- You want to collaborate with a team to plan and implement quality programs for young children, maintain healthy relationships and communicate effectively and respectfully with children, families and other team members.
- You believe in and respect the competency of young children.
- You understand the impact our interactions and relationships with children have on their development, learning, sense of identity and overall well-being.
- You are aware of the expectations and requirements of Community Care Licensing.
- You work within the ECEBC Code of Ethics
- An Early Childhood Educator license to practice is required
- An Infant and Toddler certificate is an asset
- Experience working with infants, toddlers and children with complex needs
- All positions are subject to a criminal records review (Submitted by Atira)
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
- A valid child oriented First Aid certificate is required
We are committed to hiring women who reflect the women who access our services and the communities in which we work. As such, significant consideration will be given to women who meet the qualifications and who are First Nations Métis and Inuk and or who speak Punjabi, Mandarin, Tagalog, Hindi or Korean, in addition to English. We are especially interested in applications from women who live in and are familiar with the local community.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com Please quote the Competition Number in your email subject line and provide a cover letter with a current resume describing how you meet or exceed the above-noted qualifications. Candidates who lack the experience and qualifications set out in the posting may not be considered, although an exceptional cover letter and transferable skills may overcome lack of experience for some positions. Please go to www.atira.bc.ca/careers for a current list of postings.