Weston Foods – Winnipeg, MB R3T 1Y7
$16.50 / hour. Night shift premium of $0.50/ hour applies to work done between 9:00PM to 6:00AM.
Must be available to work all shifts. Day, Afternoon, and Night shifts. (flexibility with working overtime, and on weekends, as necessary)
We are a premier North American bakery company and we have been in business for 135 years. Our team is passionate about baking the foods your family and friends love to eat, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, cookies and more!
Weston Foods proudly serves communities through our ~35 bakeries across North America, and every day, our team strives to elevate moments for our customers and your loved ones by producing high quality baked goods. Our bakery team is the heart of our company and plays an important role in keeping North America’s food supply going.
Our General Production laborers are an integral part of the baking process, ensuring our delicious baked goods are packaged, and safely end up on grocery store shelves and at your favorite restaurants across North America.
We are not just a job; we are an extended family, committed to elevating everyday moments and feeding communities and families across the country. Join us and find fulfillment and purpose in your work.
In a typical day, you will:
- Perform General helper duties in the bakery.
- File out wrapping paperwork and Stock packaging materials
- Work in production/packaging area to Wrap and stack bread trays
- Work closely with production team members to ensure product quality
- Assist machine operators/mixers/oven /Relief operators and crew with other duties as assigned.
- May assist sanitation crew in the cleanliness of production equipment and area
- Ensure all Food Safety and Health & Safety policies and procedures are followed
- A lover of bread and baked goods!
- You should be comfortable to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively
- You should be comfortable to perform different jobs/duties as assigned
- You have strong people skills—you’re approachable, a good listener, and empathetic
- You have previously worked in a manufacturing environment (even better if it was food manufacturing!)
- You are dedicated to the health and safety of yourself and your colleagues
- You digest constructive feedback as an opportunity to listen, and improve your skills, abilities, and performance
If you are excited about this opportunity and love baked goods, we invite you to apply!
Weston is committed to fostering a work environment with strong core values that support diversity through various policies, programs and activities that encourage sensitivity and accommodations. Weston offers employment regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Diversity is integral to our success as an organization and we will use diversity as a model to help identify and develop the best talent, create effective teams, and achieve overall excellence.
Weston Foods is an equal opportunity employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer