At Canfab, manufacturing high-quality composite cans is all we do, and we take great pride in knowing everything that there is to know about our products, our customers, and the markets they serve. Because our customers are at the center of our universe, at Canfab, we don’t sell, we listen, learn, and provide our customers with the best packaging solution for their needs. We are results driven, we strive to offer the most competitive pricing, and to meet or exceed our delivery dates.
Presently, Canfab is looking for a dedicated Administrative Assistant to work within a dynamic team eager to share their knowledge and passion for customer service and satisfaction.
Working under the direct supervision of the Director of Operations, the administrative assistant will provide excellent administrative support to the front office of our Oshawa plant.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Operations and the Production Manager, and the front office in general.
- Perform data entry, monitoring and updating physical files while respecting company standards and procedures.
- Coordinate, prepare, edit and / or proofread documents such as correspondence, presentations and reports using various software.
- Support managers in collecting information and writing letters / communications.
- Plan and coordinate travel arrangements and itineraries for an individual and groups of people.
- Coordinate meetings, conference calls, video conferences, Zoom meetings, etc.
- Organize materials and take notes (minutes).
- Oversee the preparation and submission of expense allocations for managers and employees.
- Process requests and submit for approval.
- Manage incoming and outgoing calls and emails, as well as all messaging services
- Follow up on employee schedules and submit for approval (timesheets, vacations, sick leave, etc.).
- Order necessary office equipment and ensure stock is maintained.
- College diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least 2 years (preferred 4) of professional experience as an administrative assistant.
- Very good communication skills, oral and written.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office; in particular Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive (confidential) information with a high degree of tact and discretion.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Store Discount
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
As an essential service, we offer regular and guaranteed work hours.
- MS Office Suite: 2 years (Preferred)
- data entry and file management: 2 years (Required)
- administrative assistant: 2 years (Required)
- Running errands
- Stocking supplies
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Managing social media
- Greeting visitors