We are a retirement residence in the St. Boniface area, looking to add more excursions to our exisiting bus trips we already offer to our residents. This job is perfect for those who love seniors and wish to add some extra funds to their lifestyle. A great group of seniors awaits you!
Job Title: Part-Time Shuttle Driver (3.5-7 hours per week)
A great way to make some extra funds and keep busy!
The candidate should have several years' experience driving a bus. A valid Manitoba Class 4 or higher driver license. Experience with vehicle emergency repairs. Experience in preventative maintenance for a 16 passenger bus. Knowledgeable of streets in the City of Winnipeg. High School diploma or equivalent. Experience working with seniors. A provincial or out of province police record check will be required. CPR/1st Aid an asset. Cover letter required.
- Safely transport passengers to and from designated locations
- Follow predetermined routes and schedules
- Assist passengers with boarding and exiting the shuttle
- Provide excellent customer service to ensure a positive experience for passengers
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of the shuttle
- Conduct regular vehicle inspections and report any maintenance or safety issues
- Adhere to all traffic laws and regulations
- Communicate effectively with passengers, colleagues, and supervisors
- Valid class 4 or higher driver's license with a clean driving record (drivers abstract required)
- Previous experience as a professional driver preferred
- Excellent knowledge of local traffic patterns and routes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize passenger safety and comfort
- Reliable, punctual, and responsible
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to speak and understand English fluently
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 3.5-7 per week
Salary: $17.00-$18.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. Boniface, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- driving: 5 years (required)
- bus driving: 5 years (required)
- Class 4 Bus Driver's License or Higher (required)
Work Location: In person