Available position at our South Side location.
We are a specialty retailer looking for high-end salespeople with an upbeat attitude and drive to not only get the customer excited about our products, but the dedication to continue with follow up, and the tenacity to complete a sale. We are looking for someone who is willing to fully listen to our Client’s needs and be compassionate while helping assist them, in making the right purchase. Our unique and creative environment is a niche market with continuing education, and the ability to work with exciting and talented people who truly enjoy what they do! Sewing, embroidery, quilting knowledge is a huge plus, and basic machine sewing ability is a must.
- Responsible for teaching and instructing a variety of guided classes for sewing machines and related products sold in our store
- Able to use and demonstrate design and embroidery software on different machines, allowing customers to use their purchase to their fullest capacity
- Create positive and constructive relationships with customers and fellow staff members
- Demonstrate and sell sewing machines, sergers, industrial machines and additional related products, both domestic and industrial.
- Knowledgeable about current sewing machines and upcoming trends in the industry
- Create and maintain a safe shopping environment
- Flexible hours
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Sewing and embroidery knowledge/skills, with willingness for training on-site
- Enthusiastic drive to teach customers sewing/embroidery knowledge in relation to our products
- Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills
- Ability to create a positive environment for customers and staff
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Ability to use sewing related software on both machine and computer
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours
We’ve been serving customers not only in Alberta, but all over Canada for over 50 years and we’re “sew” excited to be adding to our incredible team! To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to the email listed below. You can also stop in to either of our stores to drop off your resume and cover letter in person.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Retail Sales: 1 year (Required)
- sewing: 2 years (Required)
- English (Required)