TransCare Community Support Services is a charitable not-for-profit corporation dedicated to providing home and community support services for people who need assistance due to illness, convalescence, disability, or functional limitations related to aging. TransCare® offers a continuum of services to facilitate independent living, comfortably and safely in the clients’ homes, and in the community.
Responsible for scheduling and coordinating client services, after regular business hours, to ensure a high level of client, partner and worker satisfaction. The position entails direct contact with clients, and managing their needs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- On-Call work periods:
- Monday to Friday: 7:00AM to 8:30AM and 4:30PM to 10:00PM.
- Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holiday: 7:00AM – 10:00PM
- Provide support for clients and staff in emergency situations.
- Communicate with funders (VHA/CCAC), staff, clients and or their representatives
- All agency policies, procedures and practices must be adhered to (see copies in handbook).
- Receive and respond to after-hours calls from funders, clients and staff regarding services.
- Rescheduling or updating changes of schedules as they occur.
- Intake and scheduling of new clients.
- Reporting and Documentation
- Notifies all contractors of any changes in regards to client’s status, services or emergencies.
- Provide required information through verbal and written reports to all personnel within the department.
- Documentation in CIMS (Client Information Management System database).
- VHA Billing Change Form must be completed for service schedule changes.
- Documentation of all incident reports from client or staff and sent to Manager/Supervisor immediately.
- Documentation of staff reports and feedback.
- Advises Management of all status of work in progress and potential risks that will impact quality of services.
- This position involves extensive telephone work and interaction with caregivers, clients and funders.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by Program Manager.
- College diploma in healthcare or related discipline preferred (i.e. Gerontology or Social Services).
- Experience working in Home Care, Home Health or senior related services would be an asset.
- Familiarity with medical office terminology.
- CIMS, GoldCare and/or Procura experience an asset. Good Microsoft Office and keyboarding (50 wpm) skills.
- Effective communication skills and superior, courteous telephone etiquette; able to defuse and resolve difficult situations and complaints.
- Sensitive and responsive to client and staff diversity (culture, age, language, condition) and communication challenges.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills.
- Can work independently and as a team contributor in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to speak another language is an asset i.e. Tamil, Italian, Cantonese, Mandarin.
Attributes of the Successful Candidate Include:
- Strong analytic and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Able to adapt to various environments, and work in individual and/or team settings.
- Detail oriented with excellent documentation and reporting skills.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Available to be on-call during the period of:
Monday to Friday: 7:00AM to 8:30AM and 4:30PM to 10:00PM; and
Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays: 7:00AM – 10:00PM
- Flexibility to attend staff meetings or training sessions as required.
- Available to work a minimum of two weeks within a four-week period.
- Work from home, with significant computer and telephone use.
- Occasionally will be required to provide coverage for other Client Services Coordinators located in the Head Office.
Job Application Instructions:
Please submit your job applications, quoting the position to which you are applying to in the subject line, or via fax to (416) 646-3576, no later than June 21, 2019. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
TransCare® is dedicated to addressing specific clients’ needs including; gender, language and cultural requirements in particular, when providing personal care for older adults with challenges. Selection of personnel will be based on current clients’ needs at the time of posting.
We thank you for your interest in applying to TransCare®; however only successful candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
TransCare® Community Support Services is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from diverse individuals who self-identify on the basis of any of the protected grounds under the Human Rights Code. We are committed to integration and maintaining the independence of individuals and removing barriers to accessibility in the workplace. We are committed to full compliance with the Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, The Pay Equity Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and all other applicable legislation.
The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required by employees assigned to this job. The agency reserves the right to make changes to this position as business dictates.
Job Type: Part-time