We are seeking a Customer Service Representative to join our BPA team in Mississauga.
A Customer Service Representative acts as an interface between customers and the company by attending to their queries and handling complaints. A customer service representative is expected to provide superior customer service. He or she works as a member of the Customer Service Centre Team and reports to the Customer Service Centre Manager.
- Responsible for handling queries regarding benefit plan member/participant claims, benefits and eligibility, employer benefit contributions and individual’s retirement accounts
- Provides superior customer service by handling all questions and concerns with speed and professionalism
- Keeps records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken using computer software programs
- Expected to address the concerns of customers both in person and over the phone
- Refers unresolved customer queries or grievances to appropriate staff members or designated departments for further assistance or investigation.
- Implements requested changes to existing accounts and performs other account maintenance and clerical duties as requested including assisting with special mail-outs
- Maintains security and confidentiality of member records
- Reports directly to Customer Service Centre Manager
- Member of Customer Service Centre Team in the Member Services Department
- Builds relationships with other customer service centre team members
- Required to deal directly with benefit plan members and their dependents, union representatives, contributing employers and benefit providers
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities are essential
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Relevant benefits knowledge
- Able to handle and resolve customer complaints
- Listening skills
- Possesses research skills to trouble shoot customer problems using available resources
- Good keyboard skills
- Organizational skills
- Able to work in a busy team environment
- Stress Tolerance
- Learn by working alongside our experts
- Extended health care and dental benefits
- A retirement savings plan with company contributions
- A suite of Health & Wellness offerings
- Mental Health programs and support for you and your family
- Assistance for the completion of industry designations
- Competitive compensation
At People Corporation we are committed to helping businesses succeed. We are a national provider of benefits, retirement, wealth, wellness, and human resource solutions. Our experts and solutions serve over 20,000 clients representing nearly 3 million Canadians. We offer customized solutions designed to fit the unique needs of businesses and their employees, members and stakeholders.
BPA is a division of People Corporation and has served members and beneficiaries in their local communities since 1958. BPA is dedicated to providing a superior benefits experience to our members, businesses, and trusts in the local communities in which they live and operate.
Providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and clients feel valued, respected and supported is something we're committed to. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential. If you require an accommodation or an alternative format of any posting please reach out to [email protected]