Join the Tett Staff team! The Tett Centre For Creativity and Learning (TCCL) is seeking a full-time custodian for Kingston’s beautiful, waterfront arts centre.
The Tett Custodian provides cleaning services and light maintenance. The custodian is expected to maintain high standards of health, safety, and cleanliness for the facility. They maintain and clean public and rental spaces, order all cleaning supplies, monitor cleaning equipment and facility to ensure it is operational, communicate any safety issues to manager. As as Tett Staff team member, the custodian will respond to questions from Subtenants, rental customers, creativity studio artists and the general public.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow cleaning routine and schedule as set by the supervisor including sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, interior window washing, cleaning mirrors, sanitizing of bathrooms, and replenishing supplies for all bathrooms and rental spaces etc.
- Liaise regularly with their TCCL supervisor and ensure that any facility issues or repair needs that are noticed during their performance of cleaning duties are reported in a timely manner
- Identify appropriate cleaning materials and products to sanitize, disinfect and deodorize according to facility and Ministry of Health standards; order supplies on behalf of the TCCL
- Organize cleaning items, disinfectants and other materials kept in storage, as well as cleaning equipment
- Actively promote safe work practices and ensure that accident prevention and health and safety policies are fully met by self and others with use of proper signage to indicate wet flooring or other potentially hazardous situations
- Utilize proper training to clean up potentially hazardous materials or contact the appropriate authorities to handle such incidents
- Fulfill work-order requests in the case of cleaning or plumbing emergencies and coordinate with the City of Kingston for follow-up.
- Empty garbage cans and recycling bins on a regular basis in public areas and rental rooms
- Prepare rooms for rental clients (e.g. furniture set-up, small equipment needs)
- Perform other maintenance, small repairs, and miscellaneous tasks as instructed by their TCCL Supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent education
- Minimum 1 year of related work experience, with preference given to experience in a public facility
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Be able to meet essential duties of the job such as pushing carts, climbing ladders, moving furniture and operating cleaning equipment
· Demonstrate an ability to interact with the public in a respectful manner
· Be able to work independently and as an effective team member in a cooperative manner with all members of staff, resident organization members, resident artists, volunteers, and outside agencies
· Demonstrate communication, organizational, prioritization and time management skills as required to complete a regular cleaning and maintenance routine
· Be able to work some irregular hours and weekends as required by the TCCL
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory CPIC (Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector) at own expense
· Must demonstrate competency in customer service and communication.
· Lifting of equipment and supplies up to 20 kg. Pushing and pulling of vacuum, mop and other cleaning implements.
· Be WHMIS-certified
· PLEASE NOTE: Proof required of full Covid-19 vaccination
From $17.00 to $19.00 per hour
30 to 37.5 hours per week
Interested applicants can email their resumes with the SUBJECT LINE: CUSTODIAN POSITION before 5:00PM on September 24, 2021.
We expect the successful candidate to begin their role with the Tett Centre on October 12th, 2021.
Application deadline: 2021-09-27
Expected start date: 2021-10-12
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
As a public building, TCCL Employees must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Masks must be worn to meet health and safety regulations of KFL&A Public Health Unit. Space capacity, safe-distancing restrictions are in place. Subtenants have own policies.
- Secondary School (preferred)