On behalf of a manufacturing employer in Perth, Community Employment Services is looking for a Seamer.
The Seamer plays an integral role in ensuring a high quality seam is produced during the seaming phase of forming fabric manufacture. The position of Seamer is made up of a variety of distinct tasks that make up the departmental seaming process: Ravelling (Manual and Automated) – Set-Up – Seaming & Take-down
SAFETY AND PROCEDURES
- Follow all publicized safety policies/procedures and JIBS applicable to the job.
- Use appropriate PPE that has been identified on the Hazard Analysis for the department/role.
- Attend & participate in all safety training, meetings, audits & Behavior Based Safety programs assigned.
- Report all safety hazards observed. If capable, correct the safety hazard identified.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Activities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Personal Safety
- Operate Seaming Equipment
- Follow instructions on trailer cards.
- Perform standard work as specified in JIBS.
- Assure quality of products.
- Train on new equipment as required.
- Regularly follow 5S.
- Problem solving
- Work on process improvement upgrades.
- Participate on various Department Groups and Committees.
- Perform all tasks requested by supervisor * Ensure smooth shift changeover to incoming operator by communicating key information.
- Train others, when required
- Complete any required reporting
- Exhibits Albany Values, Respect, Persistence, Data Driven Decision Making, Safety, Accountability, Ethical Behavior.
- Reads, understands and is committed to conducting business in accordance to Albany International’s Business Ethics Policy. All business of the company should, at all times, be conducted ethically, fairly, honestly and with integrity.
Reports To: Seaming Team Leader
- Manual skills
- Basic computer skills
- Detail Orientation
- Safety conscious
- Quality oriented
- Visual acuity
- One year work experience (Manufacturing)
How to Apply: In person
Please apply in-person with your resume to Community Employment Services located at 40 Sunset Boulevard in Perth Ontario (CES is in The Factory Business Complex, open Mon-Fri 8:30AM-4:00PM) and complete the CES pre-screen application.
Please note, this is an application to participate in an Employment Ontario, Employment Service program and not a paid position with Algonquin College. Resumes of suitable candidates will be presented to the employer.
Job Type: Full-time