Canadian Base Operators Inc. (CBO)is a performance based contractor providing facilities management, operations and logistic support services to the Canadian Department of National Defence (DND) and commercial clients.
For the Canadian Forces we provide a full range of services for all aspects of facility maintenance and logistic support, including specialized military functions. For our commercial clients, we offer operations and maintenance services tailored to specific or unique requirements in urban areas, industrial sites, airfields or remote installations.
At this time, we require a Driver at our Meaford, Ontario location.
This position performs the duties of Driver, operating vehicles on Base and throughout Ontario. Tasks include but are not limited to driving a variety of vehicle types, transporting military personnel and equipment to and from appointments in a safe and timely manner, including trips to Toronto, Ottawa, CFB Borden and CFB Petawawa (may include other locations and overnight stays); completing recycling pickup on Base, and mail-runs to CFB Borden. Tasks also include maintaining a clean fleet of vehicles – washing and minor servicing of vehicles. This position reports to the Dispatcher/Supervisor and Transport Manager. Will be required to perform other skilled and unskilled tasks related to the job to assure continuous operation by our client. Must be willing to work flexible hours. Overtime and weekend work may be required.
Essential Job Functions
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Be punctual in accordance with company policy
- Promptly and accurately complete all forms relevant to duties performed
- Maintain a clean and serviceable fleet; washing, servicing, greasing etc.
- Carrying on their person at all times, a valid civilian permit and DND driver permit, stipulating the equipment they are qualified to operate
- Comply with organizational policies and procedures.
- Keep work spaces and general areas clean, orderly and hazard free; wear personal protective equipment
- Prepare personal timesheets
- Wear CBO uniform and be neatly dressed at all times while on duty
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
Minimum Qualifications & Training
- Valid CZ-class driver’s license
- Must meet and maintain all DND driver licensing requirements
- Clean driving record
- Minimum 1-year professional bus driving experience
- Customer service attitude and presentable appearance
- Ability to lift 22.7kg
- Must already hold a Secret Level I Security Clearance or be eligible to obtain one. Approval of security clearance by the Canadian Industrial Security Directorate is a condition of employment.
- Knowledge of military rank structure an asset
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume outlining how you meet the qualifications stated above. All applications will be accepted on an equal basis. We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward your application to:
JENNIFER BENDER, HUMAN RESOURCES REPRESENTATIVE
*139152 Grey Rd. 112, RR#1, Meaford, ON, N4L 0A1
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“Canadian Base Operators encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources Representative noted above.”
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent