Starting at $46,000 per year, this is the perfect opportunity to develop your food and beverage back of house knowledge, and lead and engage 50+ colleagues and leaders. As a member of the Fairmont team you will have access to health benefits after 3 months of full time employment, subsidized housing starting at $16.50/day and the opportunity to live and grow your career in a National Park!
Assistant Chief Steward
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is seeking a highly motivated and energetic professional to provide leadership for the Stewarding department. You must be creative, organized and possess a passion towards the food and beverage industry. Reporting directly to the Chief Steward, you will be instrumental in the ongoing development of new systems and ideas to keep the Stewarding department and food and beverage division at the cutting edge of our industry. Being outgoing and passionate about working with people are key to being successful in this position.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Lead, teach, coach and inspire a team of up to 60 staff, including 8 supervisors
- Conduct semi-annual and periodic inventories to ensure stock and resource availability are maintained within all Food and Beverage outlets and kitchens
- Conduct daily inspections of all Food and Beverage areas and kitchens to ensure cleanliness and compliance with local health/sanitation codes
- Ensure the correct ordering and usage of all chemicals within the department and outlets, including appropriate training in accordance with provincial WHMIS legislation
- Attend and lead any required meetings and committees
- Assist the Chief Steward with the recruitment, orientation, training and scheduling of all colleagues and supervisors
- Assist the Chief Steward to exceed budgetary guidelines for operating supplies and labor
- Provide support and direction to the team of leaders within Stewarding regarding performance management and continuous learning
- Foster an environment of cooperation within the department and between other departments within the hotel
- Review banquet event orders to forecast equipment and supply requirements
- Comply with all safety regulations and ensure a clean, safe work environment
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Oversee departmental payroll administration
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- 2 years leadership experience within the Stewarding Department required or management experience within food and beverage
- Must have valid drivers license class 5 and be able to obtain an Alberta Drivers license
- Diploma or Degree in Hospitality Management a definite asset
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Must be computer strong with knowledge of Excel, Word, and electronic mail
- Completion of Train the Trainer & Interaction Management a definite asset
- Results oriented, positive, service driven with a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed.
Visa Requirements: Applicant must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise! www.lakelouisejobs.com.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $46,000.00 /year