Skills & Responsibilities
- Assists with the designing, planning, scheduling and implementation of the therapeutic recreation programs to meet the needs of the residents.
- Maintains department records as required: including but not limited to assessments, attendance, evaluations, monthly summaries and care conference documents.
- Assists in the supervision of volunteers and other community groups or agencies providing services to our residents.
- Observes and reports any changes in the residents’ ability to participate in activities and documents accordingly.
- Assist residents in getting to and from appointments with the Edgewater van.
- Participate in Health & Safety Awareness activities and education.
- Carries out other related duties as assigned.
Hours of Work: (No guaranteed hours). Weekends and Holidays will be required. This job has an end date of October 31, 2020.
1. Therapeutic Recreation/Recreation & Leisure Diploma/Degree preferred but not mandatory.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills
3. Must have full alignment with Edgewater Gardens mission, vision and values.
4. Must adhere to the policies of Edgewater Gardens, the MOHLTC standards & regulations and the LTC Homes Act to ensure high standards of care are met.
5. Will adhere to compliance with all Edgewater related policies & procedures, infection control and health and safety legislation.
6. Must be able to attend work on a regular basis and maintain good attendance.
7. Must be a licensed driver.
8. GPA (Gentle Persuasive Approach) and/or DementiAbility/Montessori training an asset.
9. Must be a dedicated employee to Edgewater Gardens and not be working elsewhere.
Instructions to Applicants: Haldimand War Memorial Hospital & Edgewater Gardens welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please forward your resume and letter of application by e-mail to Judy O’Neill, Director of Therapeutic Recreation, Edgewater Gardens. E-mail applications submitted to this posting will be sent directly to Judy.
Job Type: Part-time
- Therapeutic Recreation: 1 year (Preferred)