Building Technologies Consulting Inc. (BTC Group) is a rapidly growing Building Science Engineering firm that specializes in capital asset management of existing building portfolios for Institutional, Commercial and Industrial (ICI) property owners. Our fields of expertise include, roofing, cladding, glazing and curtain wall, below-grade waterproofing, asphalt pavement systems, concrete restoration and other building envelope related systems.
Our group of experienced technical personnel provides owners with architectural design reviews and timely field reviews to assist with new construction projects. With existing building portfolios, we provide failure investigations, guide owners through timely asset maintenance and repairs and provide optimized engineering design solutions for rehabilitation projects.
BTC Group is privately owned, with offices in GTA, Hamilton, Moncton and Calgary, and head office in Ottawa. In addition, BTC Group currently manages work across Canada, and could potentially expand into other Canadian markets. BTC Group is a mid-sized firm with large sized goals and aspirations, and this enables us to provide our employees with opportunities to grow, and the support to do so.
BTC Group has an immediate opening for a ‘Consulting Engineer (Roofing and Building Envelope Services)’to meet our growing project needs in our Calgary Accounts division.
The Consulting Engineer is an account manager for various clients, helping them manage portfolios of existing facilities or new construction projects, providing exceptional customer service and technical solutions, while collaborating with internal and external project partners
· Oversee Capital expenditure programs to assist owners in managing their building asset portfolio
· Perform roof and building envelope condition assessments to determine repair options and submit reports,
· Oversee and self perform as required, preparation of tender packages for repair and replacement projects
· Oversee and self-perform Contract Administration and Quality Assurance during construction projects.
· Provide guidance and leadership to junior staff by directing, reviewing reports and ensuring technical standards are met.
· Contribute to maintaining and improving company profitability.
· Networking and Business Development activities
· Adhere to company and client safety practices and policies at all times.
Education & Experience:
· P.Eng, RRO, RRC, RSW, CSP, or similar designations are an asset, field experience equivalents will be considered;
· Minimum 5 years experience in a consulting engineering environment, or combination of construction field work experience and/or, a leadership or project management role in construction may be a consideration.
· In-depth knowledge of building materials and construction processes for design and repair of roofs and building envelope components.
· Ability to quickly identify and understand project issues and opportunities.
· Excellent communication skills including strong verbal, written skills.
· Computer literacy in office software, Adobe, and/or CAD, is a preference and asset.
BTC provides a competitive salary and benefits package including
· Some limited flexibility in work hours
· Health benefits package, including dental and prescription drugs
· Corporate RRSP plan, with contribution matching by BTC
· Paid sick leave and personal time off
· Life insurance and critical illness insurance coverage
Please submit your cover letter and resume to directly through the job posting on Indeed.
We thank all who apply; however, only those candidates selected to advance in the selection process will be contacted.
\*Due to customer requirements, all BTC employees must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Proof of double vaccination must be provided by the successful candidate.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Employees are required to self screen at the office, wear a mask and be double vaccinated.
- Consulting Engineering Environment: 5 years (preferred)