The recognized leading manufacturer of lining materials for tamper-evident caps and closures in North America. Selig is currently growing and seeking an experienced Packer/Machine Operator.
Starting hourly rateof $20.44 with increases over 2 years to $23.51, plus a competitive benefits package (Drug, Dental, Enhanced Health Care and RRSP programs), with opportunities to quickly advance up to $24.57.
· Manufactures and/or packages material as required by customer specifications
· Basic Quality Control
· Maintains all manufacturing/packing machinery and tools
· Assists others as required with any two-person tasks
· Experience with visual inspection tools
· Continuously perform visual inspection of the product
· Complete required paperwork/computer work accurately and on a timely basis
· Using scanners for inventory control and shipments
· Ensuring the work station is clean at all times
· Must be willing to work rotating shifts (day, afternoon, midnight shifts)
· Should be mechanically inclined
· Previous experience in production/manufacturing environment is an asset, particularly in flexible packaging
· Be able to work quickly, safely and with minimal supervision
· Fork truck, clamp truck and Raymond Reach experience would be an asset
Skills & Knowledge:
· Grade 12 or equivalent
· Candidates must have excellent command of the English language with oral and written communications
· Computer literate in a Windows environment
· Knowledge of reading text, number and proficient math skills
· Knowledge with scanner (an asset)
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and ability to multi-task
Please submit your application for this position by responding directly to this ad via the “Apply Now” button or apply in person or by mail by submitting your resume to 125 Edward Street, Aurora, Ontario, Attn: Jessica O’Hallarn, Human Resources.
Selig Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Office to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.44 /hour
- manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Machine Operator: 1 year (Preferred)