Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
Reporting to the Manager, Staffing and Scheduling Office, the Staffing Clerk is responsible for Corporate staff scheduling, participation in bed meetings, inter-departmental communications where appropriate, filing and other duties as assigned.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- College diploma in Business Administration
- Minimum of two (2) years current experience with staffing and scheduling in a hospital setting is required
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel with accurate keyboarding
- Demonstrate proficiency using Meditech system
- Proven ability to function effectively in an organized manner, using self-direction and flexibility to prioritize workload and meet deadlines and solve problems
- Ability to develop and modify staff schedules to meet corporate staffing needs
- Working knowledge of scheduling systems and previous experience with data entry
- Payroll entry experience an asset
- Demonstrate flexibility, problem solving and the ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with well-developed customer service approach
- Ability to collaborate with various departments to accomplish organizational goals
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Exposure to Lean principles, an understanding of methodologies and tools and a commitment to the use of these in support of providing the best healthcare experience possible to our patients
- Demonstrated excellent performance and attendance record
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers