Giatec Scientific Inc. (Giatec) is seeking an Accounts Receivable Clerk to join our Finance team. This is a Temporary 13-month (maternity leave replacement), Full-time (37.5 hours per week) role.
The work location for this role is in Ottawa, ON and our preference would be a candidate who can work in a hybrid environment both remotely and in person.
- Enter orders in the general ledger and issue invoices.
- Primarily responsible for collection of Accounts Receivable.
- Record receipt of payments in the accounting system.
- Liaison between Finance and Sales to ensure smooth month end close and keep improving overall financial management.
- Assist Controller and SVP, Finance & Operations with the departmental analysis.
- Produce regular performance and analytical reports for various groups, prepare commentary of observations and analyses to explain month over month and quarter over quarter fluctuations.
- Prepare routine adjustment entries in accordance to reporting and process schedules, and adhere to regulatory guidelines.
- Confirm and reconcile report results against information sources, to ensure proper control, reconciliation of systems, and accuracy.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of validation and attestation processes and procedures to support adequacy of source data and metrics.
- Various ad-hoc requests, reports, and analysis.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1-3 years clerical accounting or finance experience.
- College diploma or other relevant education.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Commitment to producing quality work.
- Team player.
- Knowledge and experience with Quickbooks (considered an asset).
- Knowledge and experience with Salesforce (considered an asset).
Giatec Scientific Inc. (Giatec) is a global company bringing smart testing technologies and real-time data collection to the forefront of every jobsite to revolutionizing the construction industry and reduce concrete’s carbon footprint. Giatec’s suite of hardware & software products leverages AI and Internet of Things (IoT) and delivers wireless concrete sensors, mobile apps, and advanced non-destructive technologies (NDT) that drives innovation throughout concrete’s lifecycle.
Giatec technology has helped over 10,000 projects in 85 plus countries worldwide meet their construction targets on time, and this number is quickly growing. We have also been recognized by numerous organizations as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies for three years running!
At Giatec, we fundamentally believe that attracting and keeping smart and talented people is a key to our success. We are looking for creative and passionate people to join our rapidly expanding team.
Team up with us and reshape your future!
Do you have some of these skills but maybe not all? We still encourage you to apply as we would love to review your unique application and learn more about you! Please send your cover letter and resume to us indicating why you believe you would be a good fit for this role.
At Giatec, we know that diversity, inclusion, and a sense of belongingness are critical to our success. We believe that employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences strengthen our workplace culture, boost our creativity, and help us to revolutionize the concrete industry.
Giatec is dedicated to creating a barrier-free environment starting with the hiring process. If you require any special accommodation or support during the recruitment process, please indicate in your email to us.