Maintenance Supervisor (Millwright): ($85k includes bonus)
K-Bro Linen Systems Inc. is a growing national leader in its industry with operations located across Canada. We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Supervisor to support our Maintenance Manager at our Mississauga facility and drive the maintenance team to success.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the repair, preventative maintenance and monitoring of commercial laundry equipment.
- Building, training, motivating and managing a maintenance team of mechanics and maintenance helpers.
- Coordinating with the production team to ensure the safe and efficient operation of production equipment.
- Maintain, repair and overhaul production and packaging equipment including, pneumatics, hydraulics, DC controls, conveyors, pumps, fillers, agitators, and motors & gearbox.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment in breakdown situations to ensure production efficiencies can be achieved.
- Read and interpret drawings, manuals, blueprints, electrical code schematics in order to troubleshoot, maintain and repair equipment.
- Complete preventative maintenance utilizing the computerized PM system in place.
- Commission and set-up of new and used equipment.
- Ensure that all machines and work areas are organized and clean at all times.
- Maintain accurate and current maintenance records.
- Ensure that the members of the maintenance department are committed to following safe work procedures at all times including proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Ensure all work performed adheres to provincial and federal safety regulations, codes and specifications. Identify and report any potential hazards, near misses and incidents. Support any corrective actions or investigations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Valid Millwright license.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Maintenance Mechanic or Millwright.
- Mechanically inclined with great problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent welding and fabrication skills.
- Demonstrated technical expertise with hydraulics, pumps, motors, conveyors, shaft alignment, pulleys, belts and bearings and the ability to troubleshoot/diagnose failures of same.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Exhibit integrity, honesty and willing to work hard and smart to support the operations team.
- Working knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office applications.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Comprehensive benefit package
- RRSP matching
- A great opportunity to grow with a progressive company.
K-Bro Linen Systems offers competitive salary including a comprehensive benefit package, RRSP matching and a great opportunity to grow with a progressive company along with a challenging and exciting work environment.
K-Bro Linen Systems is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation. KBRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in our Company.
Only those applicants being considered will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)