Pickering Casino Resort & Casino Ajax are seeking Food & Beverage Servers!
Don’t miss the opportunity to join One Toronto Gaming’s Pickering Casino Resort and Casino Ajax Food & Beverage team!
This exciting career opportunity at Casino Ajax and the new Pickering Casino Resort is seeking dynamic individuals with a drive to succeed, and strong guest relations; responsibilities of this role will align with the position of Food & Beverage Server at Casino Ajax and Pickering Casino Resort.
Under the general direction of Food and Beverage Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing food and beverage service with an upbeat and positive attitude. Must be collaborative, excel at multi-tasking and display exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Contribute to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees. This role must contribute to a safe and welcoming environment for all internal and external customers. Above all else, management must lead by example to create Great Experiences and Memories for all guests and colleagues!
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
· Provides exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers in an upbeat, positive and professional manner;
· Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all food and beverage items available;
· Processes all cash and credit card transactions utilizing the P.O.S. system;
· Ensures accurate cash handling and balancing of sales and/or cash float at the end of the shift;
· Takes food and beverage orders from guests in a friendly manner and provides recommendations to guests on menu specials;
· Delivers food and beverage items to guests from the bar and kitchen in a prompt manner;
· Welcomes and greets guests; answers general inquiries relating to food, beverages and other restaurants on the premise;
· Cleans tables, clears dishes, empties and properly wiped down;
· Ensures tables and chairs are setup and organized in section;
· Maintains a clear service areas and stocks shelves as required;
· Assists other co-workers as need and/or as requested;
· Performs preventive maintenance and cleaning of food and beverage equipment as required;
· Adheres to all AGCO, GCGC, departmental and HR policies as they relate to functions of the role;
· Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
· Minimum one (1) year relevant experience in a high-volume environment
· High School Diploma or equivalent working experience;
· Valid Smart Serve Certificate required;
· Previous cash handling experience required, P.O.S system experience an asset;
· Previous restaurant experience in a casino environment is an asset;
· Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, customer service and communication skills;
· People-focused and demonstrate a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
· Proactive and solution oriented with a drive to succeed;
· Demonstrate strong initiative, active listening and teamwork skills
· Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow employees and management as part of a team
· Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
· Ability to obtain registration as a Category 2 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
Pickering Casino Resort & Casino Ajax candidates must be ready and willing to work at both locations, a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights. The hours of work and location will be based on operational needs. Ready to embark on your next adventure?
Submit your resume by June 15, 2021. Please indicate the position title(s) and job posting number(s) on the subject line.
Great Canadian Gaming Corporation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we welcome all qualified applicants to apply to join our team of unique contributors. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process and applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required. We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those qualified to continue in the recruitment process.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.15 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Night shift
- serving: 1 year (preferred)
- Smart Serve, SIR or equivalent (preferred)