Lifestyle Options Retirement Communities are locally owned and its mandate is to operate quality, affordable seniors’ retirement buildings. Lifestyle Options takes tremendous pride in operating supportive retirement communities with professional staff that foster healthy aging and focus on the needs of each individual.
We are currently recruiting for a Housekeeper for our Leduc, AB facility for a 12 Month Maternity Leave Coverage.
This position is a Full Time - Contract position.
Qualifications and Skills
- Follow cleaning schedule (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.,) as outlined for housekeeping department.
- Clean assigned areas, furnishings, and fixtures according to established housekeeping procedures.
- Clean floors with dry mops, wet mops, sweeps, waxes, buffs, disinfects where and when necessary.
- Perform emergency housekeeping when accidents occur.
- Clean movable and stationary furnishings and fixtures: Dusts, spot cleans or washes, disinfects when necessary, polishes where required. This includes the cleaning of ledges, shelves, vents, etc.
- Empty and clean garbage and wastebaskets.
- Straighten or rearrange furniture as directed.
- Clean bathroom and disinfects all fixtures, floors, and walls.
- Wash windows and mirrors.
- Replenish bathroom supplies.
- Clean walls, windows, doors, and ceilings: Spot clean between washings, washes, disinfect when necessary. Walls and ceilings and ceiling fixtures are cleaned as scheduled.
- Clean entrances and exits: Clean as directed above for floors and walls.
- Clean all horizontal surfaces daily or as required, removing dust, dirt, or greasy film, using disinfectants where necessary such as in resident care areas.
- Perform terminal cleaning duties according to established in resident rooms when resident has been discharged or transferred, and prepares room for new occupant.
- Perform cleaning duties in isolation units when resident is transferred, according to established procedure.
- Remove for cleaning and re-hangs curtains, drapes, and dividers.
- Change light bulbs.
- Water flowers.
- Send soiled linens to laundry.
- Report observations concerning structural and equipment wear, defects and malfunctioning to Manager.
- Report supply and equipment needs to Manager of Housekeeping for replenishing.
- Maintain equipment used in performing duties.
- Operate various mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, polishers, buffers, etc.
- Maintain facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning and replacement of equipment and furnishings.
- Free employee appreciation buffet monthly
- Free parking, underground heated parking
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full Time; Contract
Job Type: Contract