Location: Grande Prairie / Peace River Region
A PrairieCoast Overview
PrairieCoast Equipment is a progressive, growing John Deere Dealership with 10 locations throughout Northern Alberta and British Columbia. We are committed to providing quality products and superior customer service. Our employees are the back bone to our success and are owners in our business. Over 60% of PrairieCoast Equipment is owned by employees, through our RRSP and TFSA eligible Employee Share Ownership Plan. We have been voted one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies™ each year since 2013, as we recognize that our highly skilled employees are our most important resource.
We are currently looking for a full-time IT Support Specialist to join our team in the Grande Prairie / Peace River area. This position will have some flexibility to work from home and travel between our Alberta and BC branches is required. Some overtime will be required.
For this position we offer
- An excellent compensation package
- Supportive and professional work environment
- Training opportunities
- Extensive benefits & RRSP’s
- Easy going work environment
- A referral bonus program
- Possibility to work from home
- Long Term Service Awards
- Employee discounts
- Employee Share Ownership Program
As an It Support Specialist at PrairieCoast equipment you will:
Interact with the staff of PrairieCoast equipment to identify hardware / software IT issues and provide solutions by referencing extensive documentation of detailed procedures. As well, you will address and resolve new issues as they arise. You will also provide front line support to end users on industry specific software applications (John Deere, CDK, etc.) to troubleshoot and solve issues quickly, and when necessary, escalate issues to product vendors. You will be responsible to deploy PCs/mobile devices, to new and existing employees, following a pre-defined procedure to ensure that every computer is delivered with the appropriate software packages and user settings. You will also conduct onsite visits within our Peace River locations.
The ideal candidate:
You are an efficient, effective self-starter with good communication and problem solving skills, and able to work with limited supervision. You also possess good mechanical skills and a strong understanding of computer hardware and maintaining customer service.
You will possess the required skills and experience to:
- Assimilate the knowledge required to provide level 2 support
- Repair computer hardware (A+ certification preferred)
- Logically troubleshoot hardware and software
- Prioritize competing IT issues and support requests
- Possess knowledge of software packaging and deployment (ex. PDQ Deploy, MSI, etc.)
- Demonstrate strong IT skills
- Lift and move up to 50lbs
- MCSE: Candidates with Core Infrastructure certification will be given preference
In addition, you must possess a valid Driver’s License with a reasonable driving record, and own a reliable vehicle.
Job Type: Full-time
- IT Support: 2 years (Required)