At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada’s largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we’re not only leading our industry, but we’re redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we’re committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
About the role
We’re looking for a Customer Service Representative to join our Claims Department in the Customer Service Centre!
As a Customer Service Representative your work will have a big impact on providing legendary customer service to both our external and internal clients in a call centre environment. People will count on you to provide information and quickly resolve their inquiries in a professional manner. We are looking for a highly motivated and organized individual with a ‘can do’ attitude to join our team!
Here are a few ways you'll make a difference:
- Being a knowledge leader on our policies, products, services, and initiatives
- Ensuring that daily call centre metrics are met while taking a high volume of inbound calls
- Providing quality customer service, maintaining low hold times, and documenting files in a clear and concise manner
- Performing other ad hoc duties or projects as assigned by your manager
Education and Experience:
Abilities & Knowledge:
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset
- Completion of High School diploma is required
- University degree or College diploma is preferred
- Willing to pursue your Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- Customer service and sales experience preferred
- Insurance experience is considered an asset
- Superior organizational skills, results-oriented, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong resourcefulness, ability to work autonomously, and committed to self-development
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Excellent listening and communication skills with the ability to foster strong working relationships
- Must be flexible to work 35 hours a week during our business hours of operation: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Statutory holidays
An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
An extensive, flexible benefits package
An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
Flexible Work Arrangements
Right now, we support 100% remote work, if your role permits. Once it’s safe to do so, we will move to a hybrid approach which will give everyone the best of both worlds – a mix of home and in-office workdays. Schedules will be determined in partnership between individuals, managers, and the team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on February 2, 2022 at 11:59pm.
This role is eligible for employee referral bonus. #myReferrals1000
LinkedIn Sponsored Tag
LinkedIn Sponsored Location