Walmart Canada operates a chain of more than 400 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada's flagship online store, walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada's largest employers and is ranked one of the country's top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada's extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart Canada has raised and donated more than $400 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at walmartcanada.ca, facebook.com/walmartcanada and @walmartcanada.
Position Responsibilities :
- Contributes to a safe, clean and hazard free work environment through adherence to Company policy and procedures, including the completion of safety sweep logs and ensuring displays and fixtures are secure.
- Preparing and resetting Receiving Area.
- Unloading and sorting general merchandise trailers.
- Pulling pallets of merchandise to the salesfloor for overnight processing.
- Assisting in stocking the salesfloor as assigned and providing customer service when necessary.
- Binning overstock merchandise.
- Completing live unloading of other types of merchandise.
- The main differentiation between this role and day/evening fulfillment is there is a stronger emphasis on binning/stocking.
Qualifications : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Mathematical Skills * Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. * Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. * Ability to determine the number of individual things in a unit or group. Basic Reading/Writing Skills * Ability to understand the meaning of written or printed matter and to record information by inscribing characters or symbols. Age - 18 or older
Licensing & Other Qualifications : The Associate must complete all Wal-Mart Basic and Advanced Training Modules and classes
Physical Demands : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. * The Associate is regularly required to walk or stand. * The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 27kg (60lbs.). * The Associate will be required to perform tasks involving firm grasping. * The Associate will occasionally be required to bend, twist or squat. * The Associate will be involved in frequent repetitive hand actions. * The Associate will be required to reach above shoulder height and below waist level. * The Associate will be required to have sufficient co-ordination (i.e. placing and screwing in small washer on bolt, picking up a paper clip, etc...).
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time