Schedule Monday to Friday 08:00AM-4:00PM
Education Level High School Diploma
Career Level Entry
Hourly Rate $16.00
Clean, sanitize, and sterilize laboratory equipment and facilities in accordance with regulatory guidlines and standard operating procedures.
1. Decontaminate and clearn equipment and physical surfaces in accordance with standard operating procedures, which could include sorting equipment for processing, and the operation of large industrial cleaning equipment including rack washers, bottle washers and autoclaves.
2. Assemble crates and cages.
3. Transport carts loaded with equipment.
4. Document chemicals levels, supply inventories, and feed equipment inventories as required by regulatory bodies.
5. Dispose of waste material following Ministry of the Environment regulations.
6. Locate and resolve routine mechanical problems with equipment and report more complex problems to the appropiate senior staff member.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: No experience required.
While no experience is required, having experience worked in an Animal Facility Wash Area is an asset.
How To Apply
To apply for this job, please submit your application online.
Employment Equity Statement
McMaster University is located on the traditional territories of the Haudenosaunee and Mississauga Nations and within the lands protected by the “Dish With One Spoon” wampum agreement.
The diversity of our workforce is at the core of our innovation and creativity and strengthens our research and teaching excellence. In keeping with its Statement on Building an Inclusive Community with a Shared Purpose, McMaster University strives to embody the values of respect, collaboration and diversity, and has a strong commitment to employment equity.
The University seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion, who will contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives, and especially welcomes applications from indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) peoples, members of racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women, and persons who identify as 2SLGBTQ+.
As part of McMaster’s commitment, all applicants are invited to complete a confidential Applicant Diversity Survey through the online application submission process. The Survey questionnaire requests voluntary self-identification in relation to equity-seeking groups that have historically faced and continue to face barriers in employment. Please refer to the Applicant Diversity Survey - Statement of Collection for additional information.
Job applicants requiring accommodation to participate in the hiring process should contact:
Human Resources Service Centre at 905-525-9140 ext. 222-HR (22247), or
Faculty of Health Sciences HR Office at ext. 22207, or
School of Graduate Studies at ext. 23679
to communicate accommodation needs.